Feb 8, 2013, 6:44 PM EDT
Kiprusoff, 36, was injured earlier this week in a win over the Detroit Red Wings — he tweaked what’s believed to be his knee after getting tangled with Johan Franzen.
The veteran netminder was held out of Thursday’s game against Columbus and won’t play on Saturday when the Flames travel to Vancouver to face the Canucks.
Reports suggest Kiprusoff could be back next week — the Flames have a three-game homestand starting Monday against Minnesota.
The news on Backlund isn’t as bright. He’s out 4-6 weeks with the ligament sprain, a tough blow considering he’s been a productive member of the Flames’ forward group.
In eight games, Backlund has scored 3G-1A-4PTS while averaging just over 13 minutes a night. He’s also chipped in with two points on the power play.
Street has been a solid scorer with the Heat this season — 12G-19A-31PTS in 44 games — and could make his NHL debut this weekend in Vancouver.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)