Feb 8, 2013, 6:44 PM EST
Kiprusoff, 36, was injured earlier this week in a win over the Detroit Red Wings — he tweaked what’s believed to be his knee after getting tangled with Johan Franzen.
The veteran netminder was held out of Thursday’s game against Columbus and won’t play on Saturday when the Flames travel to Vancouver to face the Canucks.
Reports suggest Kiprusoff could be back next week — the Flames have a three-game homestand starting Monday against Minnesota.
The news on Backlund isn’t as bright. He’s out 4-6 weeks with the ligament sprain, a tough blow considering he’s been a productive member of the Flames’ forward group.
In eight games, Backlund has scored 3G-1A-4PTS while averaging just over 13 minutes a night. He’s also chipped in with two points on the power play.
Street has been a solid scorer with the Heat this season — 12G-19A-31PTS in 44 games — and could make his NHL debut this weekend in Vancouver.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)