Feb 8, 2013, 6:44 PM EDT
Kiprusoff, 36, was injured earlier this week in a win over the Detroit Red Wings — he tweaked what’s believed to be his knee after getting tangled with Johan Franzen.
The veteran netminder was held out of Thursday’s game against Columbus and won’t play on Saturday when the Flames travel to Vancouver to face the Canucks.
Reports suggest Kiprusoff could be back next week — the Flames have a three-game homestand starting Monday against Minnesota.
The news on Backlund isn’t as bright. He’s out 4-6 weeks with the ligament sprain, a tough blow considering he’s been a productive member of the Flames’ forward group.
In eight games, Backlund has scored 3G-1A-4PTS while averaging just over 13 minutes a night. He’s also chipped in with two points on the power play.
Street has been a solid scorer with the Heat this season — 12G-19A-31PTS in 44 games — and could make his NHL debut this weekend in Vancouver.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31