Feb 8, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
It isn’t time for St. Louis to panic, but after three straight losses — including two blowouts at home — Blues coach Ken Hitchcock is taking issue with some of his players recent practices.
“We’re cheating all over the ice,” Hitchcock said, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. “We’re cheating to get on the offense, we’re cheating to score. We’re cheating each other and we’re cheating the game, and we’re paying the price for it.”
What’s the cause of the cheating?
“Individual agendas. What’s good for me?” Hitchcock answered.
The St. Louis Blues suffered a 5-1 loss to Detroit, attracting boos from their own fans.
“You lose 6-1 at home, 5-1 at home … that’s got to be the reason for it and we’ve got to find a way to answer that,” defenseman Alex Pietrangelo said, according to NHL.com’s Lou Korac. Pietrangelo accounted for the Blues’ lone goal.
With Thursday’s loss, St. Louis is now 6-4-0 and just one point ahead of the victorious Red Wings.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)