Feb 8, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
It isn’t time for St. Louis to panic, but after three straight losses — including two blowouts at home — Blues coach Ken Hitchcock is taking issue with some of his players recent practices.
“We’re cheating all over the ice,” Hitchcock said, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. “We’re cheating to get on the offense, we’re cheating to score. We’re cheating each other and we’re cheating the game, and we’re paying the price for it.”
What’s the cause of the cheating?
“Individual agendas. What’s good for me?” Hitchcock answered.
The St. Louis Blues suffered a 5-1 loss to Detroit, attracting boos from their own fans.
“You lose 6-1 at home, 5-1 at home … that’s got to be the reason for it and we’ve got to find a way to answer that,” defenseman Alex Pietrangelo said, according to NHL.com’s Lou Korac. Pietrangelo accounted for the Blues’ lone goal.
With Thursday’s loss, St. Louis is now 6-4-0 and just one point ahead of the victorious Red Wings.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 0
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 19
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)