Feb 8, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
It isn’t time for St. Louis to panic, but after three straight losses — including two blowouts at home — Blues coach Ken Hitchcock is taking issue with some of his players recent practices.
“We’re cheating all over the ice,” Hitchcock said, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. “We’re cheating to get on the offense, we’re cheating to score. We’re cheating each other and we’re cheating the game, and we’re paying the price for it.”
What’s the cause of the cheating?
“Individual agendas. What’s good for me?” Hitchcock answered.
The St. Louis Blues suffered a 5-1 loss to Detroit, attracting boos from their own fans.
“You lose 6-1 at home, 5-1 at home … that’s got to be the reason for it and we’ve got to find a way to answer that,” defenseman Alex Pietrangelo said, according to NHL.com’s Lou Korac. Pietrangelo accounted for the Blues’ lone goal.
With Thursday’s loss, St. Louis is now 6-4-0 and just one point ahead of the victorious Red Wings.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 5
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)