Feb 8, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
It isn’t time for St. Louis to panic, but after three straight losses — including two blowouts at home — Blues coach Ken Hitchcock is taking issue with some of his players recent practices.
“We’re cheating all over the ice,” Hitchcock said, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. “We’re cheating to get on the offense, we’re cheating to score. We’re cheating each other and we’re cheating the game, and we’re paying the price for it.”
What’s the cause of the cheating?
“Individual agendas. What’s good for me?” Hitchcock answered.
The St. Louis Blues suffered a 5-1 loss to Detroit, attracting boos from their own fans.
“You lose 6-1 at home, 5-1 at home … that’s got to be the reason for it and we’ve got to find a way to answer that,” defenseman Alex Pietrangelo said, according to NHL.com’s Lou Korac. Pietrangelo accounted for the Blues’ lone goal.
With Thursday’s loss, St. Louis is now 6-4-0 and just one point ahead of the victorious Red Wings.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)