Feb 8, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
It isn’t time for St. Louis to panic, but after three straight losses — including two blowouts at home — Blues coach Ken Hitchcock is taking issue with some of his players recent practices.
“We’re cheating all over the ice,” Hitchcock said, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford. “We’re cheating to get on the offense, we’re cheating to score. We’re cheating each other and we’re cheating the game, and we’re paying the price for it.”
What’s the cause of the cheating?
“Individual agendas. What’s good for me?” Hitchcock answered.
The St. Louis Blues suffered a 5-1 loss to Detroit, attracting boos from their own fans.
“You lose 6-1 at home, 5-1 at home … that’s got to be the reason for it and we’ve got to find a way to answer that,” defenseman Alex Pietrangelo said, according to NHL.com’s Lou Korac. Pietrangelo accounted for the Blues’ lone goal.
With Thursday’s loss, St. Louis is now 6-4-0 and just one point ahead of the victorious Red Wings.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)