Feb 7, 2013, 7:57 AM EST
Dallas Stars forward Jaromir Jagr is now tied for 10th place in the NHL’s all-time goal scoring list.
The 40-year-old has found the back of the net 668 times and 115 of those goals have been game-winners — including the one he netted in overtime on Wednesday.
“That feeling never gets old,” Jagr said in a Stars’ report. “When you score in overtime, everybody is talking about it.”
If you missed Jagr’s historic goal, you can watch it below:
The big question is if Jagr will ultimately play beyond this season. If he does, he could surpass former teammate Mario Lemieux, who is still 22 goals ahead of him on the all-time list with 22.
Jagr is also fighting to stay ahead of Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selanne, who is the second highest active player with 666 goals. No one else playing in the NHL today are even remotely close to those two titans in the goals list.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)