Feb 7, 2013, 7:57 AM EDT
Dallas Stars forward Jaromir Jagr is now tied for 10th place in the NHL’s all-time goal scoring list.
The 40-year-old has found the back of the net 668 times and 115 of those goals have been game-winners — including the one he netted in overtime on Wednesday.
“That feeling never gets old,” Jagr said in a Stars’ report. “When you score in overtime, everybody is talking about it.”
If you missed Jagr’s historic goal, you can watch it below:
The big question is if Jagr will ultimately play beyond this season. If he does, he could surpass former teammate Mario Lemieux, who is still 22 goals ahead of him on the all-time list with 22.
Jagr is also fighting to stay ahead of Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selanne, who is the second highest active player with 666 goals. No one else playing in the NHL today are even remotely close to those two titans in the goals list.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)