Feb 7, 2013, 7:57 AM EST
Dallas Stars forward Jaromir Jagr is now tied for 10th place in the NHL’s all-time goal scoring list.
The 40-year-old has found the back of the net 668 times and 115 of those goals have been game-winners — including the one he netted in overtime on Wednesday.
“That feeling never gets old,” Jagr said in a Stars’ report. “When you score in overtime, everybody is talking about it.”
If you missed Jagr’s historic goal, you can watch it below:
The big question is if Jagr will ultimately play beyond this season. If he does, he could surpass former teammate Mario Lemieux, who is still 22 goals ahead of him on the all-time list with 22.
Jagr is also fighting to stay ahead of Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selanne, who is the second highest active player with 666 goals. No one else playing in the NHL today are even remotely close to those two titans in the goals list.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)