Feb 7, 2013, 7:57 AM EDT
Dallas Stars forward Jaromir Jagr is now tied for 10th place in the NHL’s all-time goal scoring list.
The 40-year-old has found the back of the net 668 times and 115 of those goals have been game-winners — including the one he netted in overtime on Wednesday.
“That feeling never gets old,” Jagr said in a Stars’ report. “When you score in overtime, everybody is talking about it.”
If you missed Jagr’s historic goal, you can watch it below:
The big question is if Jagr will ultimately play beyond this season. If he does, he could surpass former teammate Mario Lemieux, who is still 22 goals ahead of him on the all-time list with 22.
Jagr is also fighting to stay ahead of Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selanne, who is the second highest active player with 666 goals. No one else playing in the NHL today are even remotely close to those two titans in the goals list.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)