Feb 7, 2013, 7:57 AM EST
Dallas Stars forward Jaromir Jagr is now tied for 10th place in the NHL’s all-time goal scoring list.
The 40-year-old has found the back of the net 668 times and 115 of those goals have been game-winners — including the one he netted in overtime on Wednesday.
“That feeling never gets old,” Jagr said in a Stars’ report. “When you score in overtime, everybody is talking about it.”
If you missed Jagr’s historic goal, you can watch it below:
The big question is if Jagr will ultimately play beyond this season. If he does, he could surpass former teammate Mario Lemieux, who is still 22 goals ahead of him on the all-time list with 22.
Jagr is also fighting to stay ahead of Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selanne, who is the second highest active player with 666 goals. No one else playing in the NHL today are even remotely close to those two titans in the goals list.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 16
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)