Feb 7, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Hossa was hospitalized and concussed as a result of the incident while Torres served a 21-game suspension.
With both of them now active, Hossa downplayed the rematch, but Torres dropped his gloves as soon as Chicago’s Jamal Mayers got off the bench.
Both of them landed several blows during the fight, which you can view below:
It looks like the fight did just that as Chicago went on to score four unanswered goals in the first period. Phoenix has already accumulated 25 penalty minutes and have been out shot 17-4 through 20 minutes.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 5
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)