Feb 7, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Hossa was hospitalized and concussed as a result of the incident while Torres served a 21-game suspension.
With both of them now active, Hossa downplayed the rematch, but Torres dropped his gloves as soon as Chicago’s Jamal Mayers got off the bench.
Both of them landed several blows during the fight, which you can view below:
It looks like the fight did just that as Chicago went on to score four unanswered goals in the first period. Phoenix has already accumulated 25 penalty minutes and have been out shot 17-4 through 20 minutes.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)