Feb 7, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
We’re a year away from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia and the NHL’s participation is “just short of a foregone conclusion,” so now seems like a great time to take a look forward.
How do the Americans, Canadians, and Russians stack up with a year to go? Which teams have a shot and what weaknesses will each squad have to overcome? And while we’re on the subject of the Olympics, what is the NHL looking for before they agree to participate in the Games?
PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackle those questions in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 1
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 27
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)