Feb 7, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
We’re a year away from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia and the NHL’s participation is “just short of a foregone conclusion,” so now seems like a great time to take a look forward.
How do the Americans, Canadians, and Russians stack up with a year to go? Which teams have a shot and what weaknesses will each squad have to overcome? And while we’re on the subject of the Olympics, what is the NHL looking for before they agree to participate in the Games?
PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackle those questions in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4