Feb 7, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
We’re a year away from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia and the NHL’s participation is “just short of a foregone conclusion,” so now seems like a great time to take a look forward.
How do the Americans, Canadians, and Russians stack up with a year to go? Which teams have a shot and what weaknesses will each squad have to overcome? And while we’re on the subject of the Olympics, what is the NHL looking for before they agree to participate in the Games?
PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackle those questions in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 1
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 2
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15