Feb 7, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
We’re a year away from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia and the NHL’s participation is “just short of a foregone conclusion,” so now seems like a great time to take a look forward.
How do the Americans, Canadians, and Russians stack up with a year to go? Which teams have a shot and what weaknesses will each squad have to overcome? And while we’re on the subject of the Olympics, what is the NHL looking for before they agree to participate in the Games?
PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackle those questions in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)