Feb 7, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
We’re a year away from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia and the NHL’s participation is “just short of a foregone conclusion,” so now seems like a great time to take a look forward.
How do the Americans, Canadians, and Russians stack up with a year to go? Which teams have a shot and what weaknesses will each squad have to overcome? And while we’re on the subject of the Olympics, what is the NHL looking for before they agree to participate in the Games?
PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackle those questions in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)