Feb 7, 2013, 12:47 AM EDT
Make it 10 in a row.
Gagner assisted on Ales Hemsky‘s fourth goal of the season, which opened the scoring in the second period. Gagner now has three goals and 11 points over that 10-game span.
After notching four points in the Stars’ season opener, Jagr had just two points in his last eight games coming into Wednesday.
“He’s sore,” Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger told the Edmonton Sun. “It’s short-term for sure. It’s more just being smart… we don’t want to force a player of his (caliber) into a situation where he’s not 100 per cent.”
The Oilers official Twitter account quoted Krueger as saying Nugent-Hopkins could play Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings.
But the injury bug didn’t quit there.
Anton Lander, 21, played three shifts for a total of one minute and 15 seconds before he got hit with a shot and had to leave the game with a foot injury.
As per TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Lander was spotted using crutches, and did not return.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 5
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)