Feb 7, 2013, 12:47 AM EDT
Make it 10 in a row.
Gagner assisted on Ales Hemsky‘s fourth goal of the season, which opened the scoring in the second period. Gagner now has three goals and 11 points over that 10-game span.
After notching four points in the Stars’ season opener, Jagr had just two points in his last eight games coming into Wednesday.
“He’s sore,” Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger told the Edmonton Sun. “It’s short-term for sure. It’s more just being smart… we don’t want to force a player of his (caliber) into a situation where he’s not 100 per cent.”
The Oilers official Twitter account quoted Krueger as saying Nugent-Hopkins could play Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings.
But the injury bug didn’t quit there.
Anton Lander, 21, played three shifts for a total of one minute and 15 seconds before he got hit with a shot and had to leave the game with a foot injury.
As per TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Lander was spotted using crutches, and did not return.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)