Feb 7, 2013, 12:47 AM EDT
Make it 10 in a row.
Gagner assisted on Ales Hemsky‘s fourth goal of the season, which opened the scoring in the second period. Gagner now has three goals and 11 points over that 10-game span.
After notching four points in the Stars’ season opener, Jagr had just two points in his last eight games coming into Wednesday.
“He’s sore,” Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger told the Edmonton Sun. “It’s short-term for sure. It’s more just being smart… we don’t want to force a player of his (caliber) into a situation where he’s not 100 per cent.”
The Oilers official Twitter account quoted Krueger as saying Nugent-Hopkins could play Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings.
But the injury bug didn’t quit there.
Anton Lander, 21, played three shifts for a total of one minute and 15 seconds before he got hit with a shot and had to leave the game with a foot injury.
As per TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Lander was spotted using crutches, and did not return.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)