Feb 7, 2013, 12:47 AM EDT
Make it 10 in a row.
Gagner assisted on Ales Hemsky‘s fourth goal of the season, which opened the scoring in the second period. Gagner now has three goals and 11 points over that 10-game span.
After notching four points in the Stars’ season opener, Jagr had just two points in his last eight games coming into Wednesday.
“He’s sore,” Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger told the Edmonton Sun. “It’s short-term for sure. It’s more just being smart… we don’t want to force a player of his (caliber) into a situation where he’s not 100 per cent.”
The Oilers official Twitter account quoted Krueger as saying Nugent-Hopkins could play Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings.
But the injury bug didn’t quit there.
Anton Lander, 21, played three shifts for a total of one minute and 15 seconds before he got hit with a shot and had to leave the game with a foot injury.
As per TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Lander was spotted using crutches, and did not return.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 10
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 14
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 49
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (61)