Feb 7, 2013, 12:47 AM EDT
Make it 10 in a row.
Gagner assisted on Ales Hemsky‘s fourth goal of the season, which opened the scoring in the second period. Gagner now has three goals and 11 points over that 10-game span.
After notching four points in the Stars’ season opener, Jagr had just two points in his last eight games coming into Wednesday.
“He’s sore,” Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger told the Edmonton Sun. “It’s short-term for sure. It’s more just being smart… we don’t want to force a player of his (caliber) into a situation where he’s not 100 per cent.”
The Oilers official Twitter account quoted Krueger as saying Nugent-Hopkins could play Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings.
But the injury bug didn’t quit there.
Anton Lander, 21, played three shifts for a total of one minute and 15 seconds before he got hit with a shot and had to leave the game with a foot injury.
As per TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Lander was spotted using crutches, and did not return.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 33
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 23
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 31
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)