Feb 7, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
P.K. Subban finally scored his first goal of the season, after a contract dispute with the Montreal Canadiens kept him out of the team’s first six games.
The only problem was it would be the only goal for the Canadiens Wednesday night.
Facing their historic rivals, the Boston Bruins, the Canadiens gave up two goals in less than two minutes apart early in the third period in a 2-1 loss at the Bell Centre.
“There are going to be some nights when we aren’t going as well and we all know that Krejci line’s been awesome for us,” Julien told the Boston Herald.
“Tonight they didn’t seem able to create much and I said ‘Why don’t we move guys around here and give them a little spark.’ And it worked out.”
Seguin was put onto a line with Krejci, and within two minutes and five seconds of the beginning of the third period, the Bruins went from trailing 1-0 to leading 2-1.
“The coaches said they wanted to give a little spark and see what happens,” Seguin told NHL.com.
“Obviously with the first two shifts we were able to pop in two goals, so it worked out.”
The win gives the Bruins a 7-1-1 record, which puts them at the top of the Eastern Conference.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)