Feb 7, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
There’s the potential for drama tonight when the Chicago Blackhawks take on the Coyotes in Phoenix — the first time Hossa and Raffi Torres have met since Torres’ knocked Hossa out of action.
The drama, though, is something Marian Hossa wants to downplay.
“It’s a thing you don’t forget, but I [turned] that page and this is another season,” he told CSN Chicago. “For me, it’s just another game. I don’t worry about anything else.”
Thursday’s game will mark the second Coyotes-‘Hawks contest since “the hit” during the opening round of last year’s playoffs, but the first with Torres in the lineup.
The 31-year-old was suspended 25 games for his actions — appealed down to 21 — and quietly returned to the Coyotes lineup last Saturday.
Hossa spent months recovering from a concussion and was only medically cleared to return to action in December, yet seems to harbor no desire for retribution against Torres.
“I think it’ll be a normal game; I don’t expect anything,” he said. “For me it’s just another game. I don’t worry about anything else.”
It’s possible the real fireworks of this situation could be saved for Apr. 20, when Phoenix makes its first and only return to the scene of last April’s crime.
Chicago, you’ll recall, was incensed by the Torres hit and took its frustrations out in a number of ways — Coyotes’ announcer Tyson Nash claimed he received death threats, Chicago’s police Superintendent said Torres’ hit was “borderline criminal conduct” and the Chicago Sun-Times put Torres on the back cover of the newspaper with the headline “PUBLIC ENEMY NO. 1“
Dec 25, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
The waters are being tested with a ticket drive.
Dec 25, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Sidney Crosby and Corey Perry are just two of the players that have been inflicted by the NHL outbreak.
Dec 25, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
And the NHL’s swift, significant response.
Dec 25, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
2014 was another painful year, but was it also one of progress?
Dec 25, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The perfect storm that led to a shocking trade deadline captains swap between two teams looking to make serious playoff runs.
Dec 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
A major letdown in Sochi, followed by the Caps missing the playoffs.
Dec 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
One of the best performances in international hockey history.
Dec 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Hockey mourned the loss of two of its most respected individuals.
Dec 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
It wasn’t the reason he was fired, but it sure was memorable.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
After 22 years, the Finnish Flash called it a day.
Dec 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
From down 0-3 to winning it all.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Over 105,000 descended on Ann Arbor for an unforgettable experience.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Even a disappointing Olympic finish can’t erase a star-making moment.
Dec 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Was quite the playoff run for L.A. and its 27-year-old defenseman.
Dec 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Check back often. It’s an all-day thing.
Dec 24, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Only Glen Sather is ahead of him.
Dec 24, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
“It’s like a little miracle down here.”
Dec 24, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The goal was initially credited to Martin St. Louis.
Dec 24, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
Will he eventually earn a full-time NHL roster spot?
Dec 24, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
His stint with the Lightning was brief, but memorable.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)