Feb 7, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
There’s the potential for drama tonight when the Chicago Blackhawks take on the Coyotes in Phoenix — the first time Hossa and Raffi Torres have met since Torres’ knocked Hossa out of action.
The drama, though, is something Marian Hossa wants to downplay.
“It’s a thing you don’t forget, but I [turned] that page and this is another season,” he told CSN Chicago. “For me, it’s just another game. I don’t worry about anything else.”
Thursday’s game will mark the second Coyotes-‘Hawks contest since “the hit” during the opening round of last year’s playoffs, but the first with Torres in the lineup.
The 31-year-old was suspended 25 games for his actions — appealed down to 21 — and quietly returned to the Coyotes lineup last Saturday.
Hossa spent months recovering from a concussion and was only medically cleared to return to action in December, yet seems to harbor no desire for retribution against Torres.
“I think it’ll be a normal game; I don’t expect anything,” he said. “For me it’s just another game. I don’t worry about anything else.”
It’s possible the real fireworks of this situation could be saved for Apr. 20, when Phoenix makes its first and only return to the scene of last April’s crime.
Chicago, you’ll recall, was incensed by the Torres hit and took its frustrations out in a number of ways — Coyotes’ announcer Tyson Nash claimed he received death threats, Chicago’s police Superintendent said Torres’ hit was “borderline criminal conduct” and the Chicago Sun-Times put Torres on the back cover of the newspaper with the headline “PUBLIC ENEMY NO. 1”
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (172)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)