Feb 6, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
The Calgary Flames have inked AHL Abbotsford netminder Danny Taylor to a one-year, two-way deal worth $525,000.
Taylor, 26, joined the Flames organization last season and posted stellar numbers for the Heat — 17-10-3, 2.21 GAA, .927 save percentage — and has been equally solid (if not better) this season, posting a 1.77 GAA (2nd best in the AHL) and .930 save percentage (4th best).
Los Angeles’ seventh-round pick at the 2004 Entry Draft, Taylor appeared in one contest for the Kings — a 7-2 loss to Dallas in 2008, in which he replaced Erik Ersberg in the third period and allowed two goals on 10 shots.
That remains his lone NHL appearance.
Taylor will head to Columbus to join the Flames (they play the Blue Jackets on Thursday) and serve as Leland Irving‘s backup for an undetermined length of time.
Irving ascended to the No. 1 gig when Miikka Kiprusoff was injured during Tuesday’s 4-1 win in Detroit — the veteran Finnish netminder left the game after the second period, having suffered a lower-body injury after getting tangled with Wings forward Johan Franzen.
Update: Kiprusoff has officially been ruled out of Thursday’s game in Columbus, with TSN’s Aaron Ward hearing the injury is MCL/knee-related.
Mar 1, 2015, 2:22 PM EST
The Islanders winger was February’s best first-year player.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:16 PM EST
A decent catch for a rising team.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:55 PM EST
Winnipeg faces Los Angeles on Sunday.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:34 PM EST
Mar 1, 2015, 12:21 PM EST
A quick rundown of waiver transactions on Sunday.
Mar 1, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Anaheim readies for a road-heavy March.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:17 AM EST
Three of his season’s six goals came in the last three games.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:35 AM EST
The first-round pick was a little too rich, it seems.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:37 AM EST
They’ll play again on March 8.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:03 AM EST
San Jose completed its disastrous month with a loss to Ottawa.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:42 AM EST
In other words, he’s probably not going to be dealt before the trade deadline.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:52 PM EST
The Coyotes might not be done dealing yet.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:11 PM EST
Steve Mason was solid in his first start since undergoing knee surgery.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:41 PM EST
He’s continuing to make his case for the art Trophy.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:12 PM EST
Chicago also added Kimmo Timonen on Friday.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:24 PM EST
Stakes are high for Philadelphia after Boston and Florida won.
Feb 28, 2015, 8:50 PM EST
His leadership and the confidence that he brings might provide Florida with a big boost.
Feb 28, 2015, 8:24 PM EST
Arizona is threatening to drop to 29th in the NHL, which would be big as far as the draft lottery is concerned.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:51 PM EST
Philadelphia is trying to salvage its bid for a playoff spot.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:37 PM EST
A recent report suggests that Boston is interested.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 8
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (116)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)