Feb 6, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames have inked AHL Abbotsford netminder Danny Taylor to a one-year, two-way deal worth $525,000.
Taylor, 26, joined the Flames organization last season and posted stellar numbers for the Heat — 17-10-3, 2.21 GAA, .927 save percentage — and has been equally solid (if not better) this season, posting a 1.77 GAA (2nd best in the AHL) and .930 save percentage (4th best).
Los Angeles’ seventh-round pick at the 2004 Entry Draft, Taylor appeared in one contest for the Kings — a 7-2 loss to Dallas in 2008, in which he replaced Erik Ersberg in the third period and allowed two goals on 10 shots.
That remains his lone NHL appearance.
Taylor will head to Columbus to join the Flames (they play the Blue Jackets on Thursday) and serve as Leland Irving‘s backup for an undetermined length of time.
Irving ascended to the No. 1 gig when Miikka Kiprusoff was injured during Tuesday’s 4-1 win in Detroit — the veteran Finnish netminder left the game after the second period, having suffered a lower-body injury after getting tangled with Wings forward Johan Franzen.
Update: Kiprusoff has officially been ruled out of Thursday’s game in Columbus, with TSN’s Aaron Ward hearing the injury is MCL/knee-related.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)