Feb 6, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Tomorrow at Jobing.com Arena, he’ll share the ice with Hossa — who was badly concussed as a result of the hit — and the Blackhawks for the first since the Apr. 17 incident.
So, does Torres expect Chicago to pay him any special attention?
“Whatever happens out there, happens out there,” he told reporters today, per the Chicago Tribune. “I’m sure they just want to go out there and pick up the ‘W.’ It’s a good test for us. We got a good team coming in here, the best team in the league right now I think.”
And what about the commitment he made to clean up his act? How’s that going?
“We have to protect the top players in the league,” he said. “If it’s going to take me thinking out there instead of running around with my head cut off, then that’s what it’s going to take. If I want to keep playing in this league, I’m going to have to change the way [I play].”
Hossa, meanwhile, is downplaying tomorrow’s game.
“I don’t care,” he said Tuesday, per ESPNChicago.com. “It’s a thing you don’t forget. Like I said, you know I move the page, and it’s another season. I just try to focus on my game.
“It’s just another game. … I think it’s going to be a normal game. I don’t expect anything.”
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)