Feb 6, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Tomorrow at Jobing.com Arena, he’ll share the ice with Hossa — who was badly concussed as a result of the hit — and the Blackhawks for the first since the Apr. 17 incident.
So, does Torres expect Chicago to pay him any special attention?
“Whatever happens out there, happens out there,” he told reporters today, per the Chicago Tribune. “I’m sure they just want to go out there and pick up the ‘W.’ It’s a good test for us. We got a good team coming in here, the best team in the league right now I think.”
And what about the commitment he made to clean up his act? How’s that going?
“We have to protect the top players in the league,” he said. “If it’s going to take me thinking out there instead of running around with my head cut off, then that’s what it’s going to take. If I want to keep playing in this league, I’m going to have to change the way [I play].”
Hossa, meanwhile, is downplaying tomorrow’s game.
“I don’t care,” he said Tuesday, per ESPNChicago.com. “It’s a thing you don’t forget. Like I said, you know I move the page, and it’s another season. I just try to focus on my game.
“It’s just another game. … I think it’s going to be a normal game. I don’t expect anything.”
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 12
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic