Feb 6, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Tomorrow at Jobing.com Arena, he’ll share the ice with Hossa — who was badly concussed as a result of the hit — and the Blackhawks for the first since the Apr. 17 incident.
So, does Torres expect Chicago to pay him any special attention?
“Whatever happens out there, happens out there,” he told reporters today, per the Chicago Tribune. “I’m sure they just want to go out there and pick up the ‘W.’ It’s a good test for us. We got a good team coming in here, the best team in the league right now I think.”
And what about the commitment he made to clean up his act? How’s that going?
“We have to protect the top players in the league,” he said. “If it’s going to take me thinking out there instead of running around with my head cut off, then that’s what it’s going to take. If I want to keep playing in this league, I’m going to have to change the way [I play].”
Hossa, meanwhile, is downplaying tomorrow’s game.
“I don’t care,” he said Tuesday, per ESPNChicago.com. “It’s a thing you don’t forget. Like I said, you know I move the page, and it’s another season. I just try to focus on my game.
“It’s just another game. … I think it’s going to be a normal game. I don’t expect anything.”
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 18
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 11
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 25
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)