Feb 6, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Tomorrow at Jobing.com Arena, he’ll share the ice with Hossa — who was badly concussed as a result of the hit — and the Blackhawks for the first since the Apr. 17 incident.
So, does Torres expect Chicago to pay him any special attention?
“Whatever happens out there, happens out there,” he told reporters today, per the Chicago Tribune. “I’m sure they just want to go out there and pick up the ‘W.’ It’s a good test for us. We got a good team coming in here, the best team in the league right now I think.”
And what about the commitment he made to clean up his act? How’s that going?
“We have to protect the top players in the league,” he said. “If it’s going to take me thinking out there instead of running around with my head cut off, then that’s what it’s going to take. If I want to keep playing in this league, I’m going to have to change the way [I play].”
Hossa, meanwhile, is downplaying tomorrow’s game.
“I don’t care,” he said Tuesday, per ESPNChicago.com. “It’s a thing you don’t forget. Like I said, you know I move the page, and it’s another season. I just try to focus on my game.
“It’s just another game. … I think it’s going to be a normal game. I don’t expect anything.”
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)