Feb 6, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have acquired forward Andrei Loktionov from Los Angeles for a fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft.
Loktionov was drafted 123rd overall in 2008 by the Kings and has 14 points (7 G, 7 A) in 59 career games. The 22-year-old has been with AHL Manchester this season, where he has 22 points in 37 games. The Devils say he’ll be sent directly to their AHL affiliate in Albany.
Of note, Loktionov spent the 2008-09 season with OHL Windsor, where one of his teammates was Devils forward Adam Henrique. The Spitfires — who also featured current NHLers Taylor Hall and Ryan Ellis — won the Memorial Cup that year.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 23
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 56
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte