Feb 6, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have acquired forward Andrei Loktionov from Los Angeles for a fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft.
Loktionov was drafted 123rd overall in 2008 by the Kings and has 14 points (7 G, 7 A) in 59 career games. The 22-year-old has been with AHL Manchester this season, where he has 22 points in 37 games. The Devils say he’ll be sent directly to their AHL affiliate in Albany.
Of note, Loktionov spent the 2008-09 season with OHL Windsor, where one of his teammates was Devils forward Adam Henrique. The Spitfires — who also featured current NHLers Taylor Hall and Ryan Ellis — won the Memorial Cup that year.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)