Feb 6, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have acquired forward Andrei Loktionov from Los Angeles for a fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft.
Loktionov was drafted 123rd overall in 2008 by the Kings and has 14 points (7 G, 7 A) in 59 career games. The 22-year-old has been with AHL Manchester this season, where he has 22 points in 37 games. The Devils say he’ll be sent directly to their AHL affiliate in Albany.
Of note, Loktionov spent the 2008-09 season with OHL Windsor, where one of his teammates was Devils forward Adam Henrique. The Spitfires — who also featured current NHLers Taylor Hall and Ryan Ellis — won the Memorial Cup that year.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 45
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)