Feb 6, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
The growing contingent of Sabres fans calling for the head of long-time head coach Lindy Ruff won’t be getting its wish anytime soon.
Per the Buffalo News, general manager Darcy Regier says that any changes he makes to his struggling team won’t involve the man behind the bench.
“It won’t be the coach,” said Regier, who maintains the Sabres need to be better defensively to improve their 3-6-1 record.
“Offensively, we’re fine,” he said. “But defensively we have work to do.
“And when you think of where we are defensively, If I had a coach to pick to shore that up, Lindy is the guy.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)