Feb 6, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The growing contingent of Sabres fans calling for the head of long-time head coach Lindy Ruff won’t be getting its wish anytime soon.
Per the Buffalo News, general manager Darcy Regier says that any changes he makes to his struggling team won’t involve the man behind the bench.
“It won’t be the coach,” said Regier, who maintains the Sabres need to be better defensively to improve their 3-6-1 record.
“Offensively, we’re fine,” he said. “But defensively we have work to do.
“And when you think of where we are defensively, If I had a coach to pick to shore that up, Lindy is the guy.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)