Feb 6, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The growing contingent of Sabres fans calling for the head of long-time head coach Lindy Ruff won’t be getting its wish anytime soon.
Per the Buffalo News, general manager Darcy Regier says that any changes he makes to his struggling team won’t involve the man behind the bench.
“It won’t be the coach,” said Regier, who maintains the Sabres need to be better defensively to improve their 3-6-1 record.
“Offensively, we’re fine,” he said. “But defensively we have work to do.
“And when you think of where we are defensively, If I had a coach to pick to shore that up, Lindy is the guy.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5