Feb 6, 2013, 2:05 AM EDT
Were they due? The Nashville Predators entered Tuesday night’s meeting with the St. Louis Blues with just 14 goals scored in eight games.
Then, they dusted off their Central Division opponents by a final score of 6-1 on the road. It was the first time this season the Predators scored more than three goals in one game.
The Predators also got scoring from six different players, erasing the memory of a 3-0 loss to the Blues on Jan. 24.
“It’s not easy to come to this building, playing against one of the top teams, and defensively they are always solid,” Predators goalie Pekka Rinne told The Tennessean.
“Scoring six goals against them is big for us. We’ve been struggling to score goals, so it feels great right now.”
Rinne made 31 saves, including 27 through the final two periods. He faced just four shots during the opening 20 minutes.
“They were a step-and-a-half ahead of us for the whole period,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told NHL.com. “They were harder on pucks, quicker to close, checked us to death.
“They were in the form that they had played against top-level competition. They played really sound in the first period, and we were not ready for that level and we got down 3-0.”
Apr 18, 2014, 2:27 AM EDT
But it’s one game.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:37 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 1:21 AM EDT
Things got interesting in the third period.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
Yeah, not a good night for him.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
This game may take a lot out of both teams.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
Colorado erases two-goal deficit to send it to extra time.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
It at least seems like Jonathan Toews is shaking off bumps and bruises.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
That was fast.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:36 PM EDT
He had a big night.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
These teams don’t like each other.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
The Blues forward is usually the aggressor.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Opting to go with Mike Brown instead.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
He’ll remember that one.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Battle of California.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Stating the obvious.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
Could this be a key one?
Apr 17, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
A cap hit of $7.5 million this season.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Carl Hagelin’s face haunts Philly in Game 1.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Did you hear Patrick Roy’s playing career ended against the Wild?
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39