Feb 6, 2013, 2:05 AM EDT
Were they due? The Nashville Predators entered Tuesday night’s meeting with the St. Louis Blues with just 14 goals scored in eight games.
Then, they dusted off their Central Division opponents by a final score of 6-1 on the road. It was the first time this season the Predators scored more than three goals in one game.
The Predators also got scoring from six different players, erasing the memory of a 3-0 loss to the Blues on Jan. 24.
“It’s not easy to come to this building, playing against one of the top teams, and defensively they are always solid,” Predators goalie Pekka Rinne told The Tennessean.
“Scoring six goals against them is big for us. We’ve been struggling to score goals, so it feels great right now.”
Rinne made 31 saves, including 27 through the final two periods. He faced just four shots during the opening 20 minutes.
“They were a step-and-a-half ahead of us for the whole period,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told NHL.com. “They were harder on pucks, quicker to close, checked us to death.
“They were in the form that they had played against top-level competition. They played really sound in the first period, and we were not ready for that level and we got down 3-0.”
Jun 3, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
But he won’t play tonight.
Jun 3, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Unless Joel Quenneville goes to the line blender…
Jun 3, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
Ryan Callahan has only scored once in the playoffs.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Rahm Emanuel doesn’t care for Tampa Bay’s controversial ticket policy.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:36 AM EDT
Veteran has spent the last four years with the Arizona organization.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
Coin’s been good this postseason. Real good. But will it coin up on the big stage?
Jun 3, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
Jun 3, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Anonymous donor has also been discharged and “is doing extremely well.”
Jun 3, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
Jacob Markstrom continues to shine in the AHL.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
He felt Anaheim’s structure “went right out the window” towards the end of the Western Conference Final.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:01 AM EDT
He wasn’t talking about the first overall selection.
Jun 3, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Jun 3, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
He remains the front runner to fill the spot left by Mike Babcock.
Jun 3, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
The club is also working on a deal for Andrej Sekera.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
The club is bringing in outside help to deal with the off-ice issues.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
He was given permission to explore other opportunities.
Jun 2, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The defenseman signed a six-year, $33 million extension on Tuesday.
Jun 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
His one-year contract is set to expire next month.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
He was set to become an unrestricted free agent next month.
Jun 2, 2015, 5:08 PM EDT
“You need young players to succeed in this day and age.”
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 43
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 12
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 70
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 25
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 12
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (73)