Feb 6, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers and Ottawa Senators blueliner Erik Karlsson were taken close together in the first round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. Both have plenty of promise and have made a name for themselves, but their careers have also taken very different paths. (Ottawa Citizen)
Goals weren’t terribly hard to come by earlier this season, but teams are starting to tighten up their defenses as players shake off some post-lockout rust. (Chicago Tribune)
The Edmonton Oilers are missing centers Eric Belanger and Shawn Horcoff due to injuries, but there are still some interesting candidates on the free agent market. Should the Oilers sign 38-year-old forward Jason Arnott? (Edmonton Journal)
33-year-old forward Mike Rupp talks about how the Minnesota Wild’s acquisition of him from the New York Rangers impacted his family. He has four kids he won’t be seeing for a few months, but he’s looking forward to working his former coach and the Wild’s current bench boss, Mike Yeo. (Star Tribune)
The New Jersey Devils plan to honor goaltending coach Jacques Caron before they face the Montreal Canadiens on March 16. Caron is in the middle of his 20th campaign with New Jersey, making him the franchise’s all-time longest serving coach. (New Jersey Online)
Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman doesn’t see “any glaring weaknesses” with his club. (Chicago Tribune)
Pittsburgh Penguins fans got a scare on Tuesday when Sidney Crosby was he took a puck to the face during their contest against the Islanders. In the end, he returned and logged 16:09 minutes. (Sportsnet)
May 25, 2015, 11:26 AM EDT
Have the Bolts learned their lesson?
May 25, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
He played just eight shifts in Sunday’s win.
May 25, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Wagner or Fleischman could draw in tonight.
May 25, 2015, 8:15 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 25, 2015, 12:00 AM EDT
Two sides to the coin in a shutout.
May 24, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Bolts take a 3-2 series to Tampa Bay.
May 24, 2015, 9:36 PM EDT
The Lightning are 7-0 when scoring the first goal in the playoffs.
May 24, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Degree of difficulty: high.
May 24, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Blocking shots can be a grind, too, after all.
May 24, 2015, 8:07 PM EDT
May 24, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
No clarification on what would qualify as “dramatic.”
May 24, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Who will grab a 3-2 series lead?
May 24, 2015, 5:58 PM EDT
Can Anaheim grind this series out?
May 24, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Things weren’t a “perfect fit” for the blue liner in Nashville.
May 24, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He coached Edmonton to a 17-25-9 record after Dallas Eakins was fired in December.
May 24, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
He’s gone nine games without a point.
May 24, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
He has not played since April 24.
May 24, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
He’s set to become an unrestricted free agent in July.
May 24, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
He missed Game 4 due to an undisclosed injury.
May 24, 2015, 11:41 AM EDT
He owes St. Louis one more season.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 59
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)