Feb 6, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers and Ottawa Senators blueliner Erik Karlsson were taken close together in the first round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. Both have plenty of promise and have made a name for themselves, but their careers have also taken very different paths. (Ottawa Citizen)
Goals weren’t terribly hard to come by earlier this season, but teams are starting to tighten up their defenses as players shake off some post-lockout rust. (Chicago Tribune)
The Edmonton Oilers are missing centers Eric Belanger and Shawn Horcoff due to injuries, but there are still some interesting candidates on the free agent market. Should the Oilers sign 38-year-old forward Jason Arnott? (Edmonton Journal)
33-year-old forward Mike Rupp talks about how the Minnesota Wild’s acquisition of him from the New York Rangers impacted his family. He has four kids he won’t be seeing for a few months, but he’s looking forward to working his former coach and the Wild’s current bench boss, Mike Yeo. (Star Tribune)
The New Jersey Devils plan to honor goaltending coach Jacques Caron before they face the Montreal Canadiens on March 16. Caron is in the middle of his 20th campaign with New Jersey, making him the franchise’s all-time longest serving coach. (New Jersey Online)
Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman doesn’t see “any glaring weaknesses” with his club. (Chicago Tribune)
Pittsburgh Penguins fans got a scare on Tuesday when Sidney Crosby was he took a puck to the face during their contest against the Islanders. In the end, he returned and logged 16:09 minutes. (Sportsnet)
Mar 28, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Their in Vancouver to face the Canucks on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 AM EDT
Crawford pulled in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:28 PM EDT
Crawford was pulled late in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
That’s a blow to Calgary’s post-season hopes.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Nine points since joining Florida.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Not a great start for Chicago.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
The club says he’s expected to make a full recovery.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New York plays twice this weekend.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
They play in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Feb. 24.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
“In the middle of the ice in our system, it’s a lot of work.”
Mar 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
And, quite possibly, for the remainder of the season.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Nail-biting time for Bruins fans.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Joins Pavel Datsyuk and Erik Cole on the shelf.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Mar 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 27, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
26-15-5 in their last 46 games.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Washington sophomore now $2,000 lighter in the pocket.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Vancouver laid another egg last night versus the Avs.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)