Feb 6, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have won four games in a row, jumping to the top of the Eastern Conference standings.
The Penguins jumped out to a 3-0 lead, then held off the New York Islanders in the third period to score a 4-2 victory at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Marc-Andre Fleury, who was pulled on in a 4-1 loss to the Islanders on Jan. 29, rebounded with a 32-save performance. He allowed a pair of goals 35 seconds apart early in the third period, however Pascal Dupuis preserved the win with an empty-net goal with 39 seconds remaining.
“Nobody panicked. Everybody stayed calm, stuck with it. We got a big [penalty] kill after that and didn’t give too much,” Fleury told NHL.com afterward.
Only 11,318 fans took in the game.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 9
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 26
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)