Feb 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan will have a chat with Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky after he shoved Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi into the end boards from behind during Tuesday’s game, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Scuderi collided with the boards face first, but he was able to return to the contest. His teammate, Mike Richards, stood up for him by sparring with Dubinsky.
If you missed the fight or hit, then you can view them both below:
Dubinsky was given major penalties for fighting and boarding and was booted from the contest with a game misconduct. He’s in his seventh NHL season and has no suspension history.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)