Feb 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan will have a chat with Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky after he shoved Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi into the end boards from behind during Tuesday’s game, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Scuderi collided with the boards face first, but he was able to return to the contest. His teammate, Mike Richards, stood up for him by sparring with Dubinsky.
If you missed the fight or hit, then you can view them both below:
Dubinsky was given major penalties for fighting and boarding and was booted from the contest with a game misconduct. He’s in his seventh NHL season and has no suspension history.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)