Feb 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan will have a chat with Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky after he shoved Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi into the end boards from behind during Tuesday’s game, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Scuderi collided with the boards face first, but he was able to return to the contest. His teammate, Mike Richards, stood up for him by sparring with Dubinsky.
If you missed the fight or hit, then you can view them both below:
Dubinsky was given major penalties for fighting and boarding and was booted from the contest with a game misconduct. He’s in his seventh NHL season and has no suspension history.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)