Feb 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan will have a chat with Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky after he shoved Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi into the end boards from behind during Tuesday’s game, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Scuderi collided with the boards face first, but he was able to return to the contest. His teammate, Mike Richards, stood up for him by sparring with Dubinsky.
If you missed the fight or hit, then you can view them both below:
Dubinsky was given major penalties for fighting and boarding and was booted from the contest with a game misconduct. He’s in his seventh NHL season and has no suspension history.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)