Feb 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan will have a chat with Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky after he shoved Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi into the end boards from behind during Tuesday’s game, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Scuderi collided with the boards face first, but he was able to return to the contest. His teammate, Mike Richards, stood up for him by sparring with Dubinsky.
If you missed the fight or hit, then you can view them both below:
Dubinsky was given major penalties for fighting and boarding and was booted from the contest with a game misconduct. He’s in his seventh NHL season and has no suspension history.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)