Feb 6, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
In one night, Philadelphia Flyers winger Tom Sestito doubled his NHL career scoring output.
Sestito, 25, scored twice in the Flyers 2-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning Tuesday night. Known more for his pugilism, Sestito on both goals employed a dazzling display of finesse, deking to the backhand both times.
“Should have got the hat trick, though,” Sestito told CSN Philadelphia. “I think one more shift.”
The offensive outburst marked the first time since Dec. 23, 2010 that Sestito scored an NHL goal. That occurred while he was a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets and it was against the Vancouver Canucks.
“It’s great to contribute like that and not just by fighting all the time,” Sestito told the Philadelphia Inquirer.
“I’ve got one [move] and hopefully no goalies catch on.”
At the other end, Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov made 21 saves for his fourth win of the season.
“Right now, he’s our best player,” Flyers captain Claude Giroux told the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2