Feb 6, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
Tyler Seguin has just one goal through eight games this season — an empty-netter, no less.
But that doesn’t mean the Bruins sniper feels he’s playing poorly.
“I feel like I’ve been playing great,” Seguin told ESPN Boston. “I feel like I’m playing a great two-way game. Against the Leafs last game, I thought I was playing my best game so far this year.”
Seguin is referring to Saturday’s 1-0 defeat of Toronto, in which he fired a game-high six shots on goal in just over 16 minutes of ice time.
Putting pucks on net hasn’t been a problem for Seguin this year — he has 27 through eight games — but getting them past a goalie has been.
His lone marker on the year came with Cam Ward pulled from the Carolina net in a 5-3 win back on Jan. 28, meaning he now has just four goals in his last 18 regular-season contests, dating back to the end of 2011-12.
Not that he’s especially worried about it.
“Sometimes they’re going in and sometimes they’re not, and that’s just how the game goes,” he said. “Right now, the puck’s not going in, but I’m trying not to think about it too much. I’m just playing the best I can.
“Whether I’m scoring right now or I’m not scoring right now, I still say that I’ve been playing really well.”
For the flip side to this argument, here’s CSNNE.com’s Michael Felger and Gary Tanguay discussing Seguin’s goal-scoring slump:
Nov 24, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
He’ll be in Tampa Bay for the first time since the move on Wednesday.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
David Pastrnak might make his NHL debut.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:02 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:35 AM EST
He was 84.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
Suffered a lower body injury Thursday night.
Nov 24, 2014, 12:50 AM EST
Arizona was playing in the second game of a back-to-back.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
Keeps the game tied 1-1 in the second.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Colorado returns to action on Tuesday night in Arizona.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Playing in his 1,000th NHL game tonight.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Didn’t get a penalty for bumping into the goaltender.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:58 PM EST
Scores his eighth of the season.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Was stretchered off the ice Saturday night.
Nov 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Beauchemin and Perry have already missed games due to the disease this season.
Nov 23, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Had two goals in two AHL games.
Nov 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Chara placed on long-term injured reserve.
Nov 23, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Paul Maurice irate with the penalty call.
Nov 23, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Received a two minute boarding minor.
Nov 23, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Not much of a margin for error for the banged-up B’s.
Nov 23, 2014, 4:14 PM EST
Seriously, this is pretty harsh.
Nov 23, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
He’s appeared in 737 consecutive games.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 1
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)