Feb 5, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
The incident took place in the second period of Tuesday’s Kings-Blue Jackets game.
Scuderi was going back for the puck and had his back turned to Dubinsky, who went in to finish his check. In doing so, he drove Scuderi’s head into the boards.
Dubinsky was given a major penalty for boarding and was ejected from the game, but not before he and Kings center Mike Richards dropped the gloves.
This wasn’t the first time Dubinsky and Richards have fought.
“Well, I didn’t think I was going to have to fight (Brandon) Dubinsky anymore. I’ve already fought him five times. I can’t get rid of this guy,” Richards told Mayor’s Manor in July of 2011.
Scuderi returned to the game, sporting a wicked shiner around his right eye.
The Kings won 4-2. Richards completed the Gordie Howe hat trick (a fight, goal and assist all in one game) with a goal in the third period. It was also his first goal of the season.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)