Feb 5, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
The incident took place in the second period of Tuesday’s Kings-Blue Jackets game.
Scuderi was going back for the puck and had his back turned to Dubinsky, who went in to finish his check. In doing so, he drove Scuderi’s head into the boards.
Dubinsky was given a major penalty for boarding and was ejected from the game, but not before he and Kings center Mike Richards dropped the gloves.
This wasn’t the first time Dubinsky and Richards have fought.
“Well, I didn’t think I was going to have to fight (Brandon) Dubinsky anymore. I’ve already fought him five times. I can’t get rid of this guy,” Richards told Mayor’s Manor in July of 2011.
Scuderi returned to the game, sporting a wicked shiner around his right eye.
The Kings won 4-2. Richards completed the Gordie Howe hat trick (a fight, goal and assist all in one game) with a goal in the third period. It was also his first goal of the season.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)