Feb 5, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
The incident took place in the second period of Tuesday’s Kings-Blue Jackets game.
Scuderi was going back for the puck and had his back turned to Dubinsky, who went in to finish his check. In doing so, he drove Scuderi’s head into the boards.
Dubinsky was given a major penalty for boarding and was ejected from the game, but not before he and Kings center Mike Richards dropped the gloves.
This wasn’t the first time Dubinsky and Richards have fought.
“Well, I didn’t think I was going to have to fight (Brandon) Dubinsky anymore. I’ve already fought him five times. I can’t get rid of this guy,” Richards told Mayor’s Manor in July of 2011.
Scuderi returned to the game, sporting a wicked shiner around his right eye.
The Kings won 4-2. Richards completed the Gordie Howe hat trick (a fight, goal and assist all in one game) with a goal in the third period. It was also his first goal of the season.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)