Feb 5, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
The incident took place in the second period of Tuesday’s Kings-Blue Jackets game.
Scuderi was going back for the puck and had his back turned to Dubinsky, who went in to finish his check. In doing so, he drove Scuderi’s head into the boards.
Dubinsky was given a major penalty for boarding and was ejected from the game, but not before he and Kings center Mike Richards dropped the gloves.
This wasn’t the first time Dubinsky and Richards have fought.
“Well, I didn’t think I was going to have to fight (Brandon) Dubinsky anymore. I’ve already fought him five times. I can’t get rid of this guy,” Richards told Mayor’s Manor in July of 2011.
Scuderi returned to the game, sporting a wicked shiner around his right eye.
The Kings won 4-2. Richards completed the Gordie Howe hat trick (a fight, goal and assist all in one game) with a goal in the third period. It was also his first goal of the season.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2