Feb 5, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
The incident took place in the second period of Tuesday’s Kings-Blue Jackets game.
Scuderi was going back for the puck and had his back turned to Dubinsky, who went in to finish his check. In doing so, he drove Scuderi’s head into the boards.
Dubinsky was given a major penalty for boarding and was ejected from the game, but not before he and Kings center Mike Richards dropped the gloves.
This wasn’t the first time Dubinsky and Richards have fought.
“Well, I didn’t think I was going to have to fight (Brandon) Dubinsky anymore. I’ve already fought him five times. I can’t get rid of this guy,” Richards told Mayor’s Manor in July of 2011.
Scuderi returned to the game, sporting a wicked shiner around his right eye.
The Kings won 4-2. Richards completed the Gordie Howe hat trick (a fight, goal and assist all in one game) with a goal in the third period. It was also his first goal of the season.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54