Feb 5, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Since we’re basically 20 percent of the way through the lockout-shortened 48-game season, Brough and I figured this would be as good a time as any to discuss who’s posterior is getting warm.
So, who’s on the hot seat?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The George McPhee choice shouldn’t come as much of a surprise, given Washington’s awful start and the fact he’s constantly trying to shift (or, re-invent) the Caps’ identity…with mixed results.
As for Mike Yeo — yes, I recognize it’s a bit of a stretch, especially since he’s only had one full season on the job. But the idea isn’t coming out of thin air. For more, be sure to read Bruce Brothers’ latest piece in the Pioneer Press, written after Minnesota’s disappointing 2-1 loss to Phoenix on Monday night.
“This is what it looks like when the wheels come off,” he writes. “The Wild are juggling their lines, calling guys up from the minors, making trades and holding players-only meetings.”
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 5
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 72
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (72)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)