Feb 5, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Since we’re basically 20 percent of the way through the lockout-shortened 48-game season, Brough and I figured this would be as good a time as any to discuss who’s posterior is getting warm.
So, who’s on the hot seat?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The George McPhee choice shouldn’t come as much of a surprise, given Washington’s awful start and the fact he’s constantly trying to shift (or, re-invent) the Caps’ identity…with mixed results.
As for Mike Yeo — yes, I recognize it’s a bit of a stretch, especially since he’s only had one full season on the job. But the idea isn’t coming out of thin air. For more, be sure to read Bruce Brothers’ latest piece in the Pioneer Press, written after Minnesota’s disappointing 2-1 loss to Phoenix on Monday night.
“This is what it looks like when the wheels come off,” he writes. “The Wild are juggling their lines, calling guys up from the minors, making trades and holding players-only meetings.”
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 2
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 6
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18