Feb 5, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Since we’re basically 20 percent of the way through the lockout-shortened 48-game season, Brough and I figured this would be as good a time as any to discuss who’s posterior is getting warm.
So, who’s on the hot seat?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The George McPhee choice shouldn’t come as much of a surprise, given Washington’s awful start and the fact he’s constantly trying to shift (or, re-invent) the Caps’ identity…with mixed results.
As for Mike Yeo — yes, I recognize it’s a bit of a stretch, especially since he’s only had one full season on the job. But the idea isn’t coming out of thin air. For more, be sure to read Bruce Brothers’ latest piece in the Pioneer Press, written after Minnesota’s disappointing 2-1 loss to Phoenix on Monday night.
“This is what it looks like when the wheels come off,” he writes. “The Wild are juggling their lines, calling guys up from the minors, making trades and holding players-only meetings.”
- Blue Jackets couldn’t have scripted franchise’s first playoff home win any better 0
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 2
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 52
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 80
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)