Feb 5, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Since we’re basically 20 percent of the way through the lockout-shortened 48-game season, Brough and I figured this would be as good a time as any to discuss who’s posterior is getting warm.
So, who’s on the hot seat?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The George McPhee choice shouldn’t come as much of a surprise, given Washington’s awful start and the fact he’s constantly trying to shift (or, re-invent) the Caps’ identity…with mixed results.
As for Mike Yeo — yes, I recognize it’s a bit of a stretch, especially since he’s only had one full season on the job. But the idea isn’t coming out of thin air. For more, be sure to read Bruce Brothers’ latest piece in the Pioneer Press, written after Minnesota’s disappointing 2-1 loss to Phoenix on Monday night.
“This is what it looks like when the wheels come off,” he writes. “The Wild are juggling their lines, calling guys up from the minors, making trades and holding players-only meetings.”
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)