Feb 5, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Since we’re basically 20 percent of the way through the lockout-shortened 48-game season, Brough and I figured this would be as good a time as any to discuss who’s posterior is getting warm.
So, who’s on the hot seat?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The George McPhee choice shouldn’t come as much of a surprise, given Washington’s awful start and the fact he’s constantly trying to shift (or, re-invent) the Caps’ identity…with mixed results.
As for Mike Yeo — yes, I recognize it’s a bit of a stretch, especially since he’s only had one full season on the job. But the idea isn’t coming out of thin air. For more, be sure to read Bruce Brothers’ latest piece in the Pioneer Press, written after Minnesota’s disappointing 2-1 loss to Phoenix on Monday night.
“This is what it looks like when the wheels come off,” he writes. “The Wild are juggling their lines, calling guys up from the minors, making trades and holding players-only meetings.”
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)