Feb 5, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Due to a scoring change involving the Pittsburgh Penguins’ opening goal, Kunitz has now been credited with an incredible four goals in a single contest, according to the Penguins’ official website.
The goal was initially given to defenseman Paul Martin, but it was later determined that Chris Kunitz redirected it.
If you want to see what happened for yourself, you can watch them play below:
Kunitz’s four-goal game is something that Sidney Crosby, James Neal, and Evgeni Malkin have never accomplished in a Penguins’ uniform. The last Pittsburgh player to find the back of the net four times in a single game was Jaromir Jagr on Oct. 14, 2000.
Of course, Kunitz not only scored four goals, but he did so on the road. The last time that happened for Pittsburgh was on Jan. 26, 1997 when Mario Lemieux victimized the Montreal Canadiens.
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 0
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 19
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 22
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw