Feb 5, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
“It’s just some adversity,” Schneider said recently. “I don’t cry myself to sleep at night, I don’t feel bad for myself. I just have to work hard and be better.”
But make no mistake, sitting on the bench is an issue for the 26-year-old who’s waited more than patiently for his chance to start in the NHL since being drafted 26th overall by the Canucks in 2004.
Just agent Schneider’s agent, Mike Liut.
“If they are both there for the entire season, and it’s a 48-game season, and Roberto plays 40 games, that’s a disaster,” Liut told the Vancouver Sun yesterday. “That’s an extreme and I don’t think that’s going to happen, but certainly the sooner [there’s a resolution] the better.
“Vancouver has a decision to make with their goaltending, everybody knows that. We don’t need to add more to it than that. Everyone wants it resolved and if it can get resolved that will be better for everybody.”
Meanwhile, Canucks GM Mike Gillis is backing head coach Alain Vigneault’s decision to stick with Luongo, whose .940 save percentage is second to only Ottawa’s Craig Anderson (.964) among goalies with more than three starts.
“We are conscious of ice time and we have to win games,” Gillis said today on TEAM 1040 radio. “We don’t have the luxury of people’s feelings.”
As for how this all plays out, “nothing will surprise me,” says Liut.
May 5, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Swiss blueliner hasn’t played since Apr. 2.
May 5, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
But will Ray Shero eventually look in that direction?
May 5, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Jordan Schroeder could draw in.
May 5, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Can they accomplish both?
May 5, 2015, 11:34 AM EDT
Red Wings brass hoping a little “adversity” is good for the 2013 first-round pick.
May 5, 2015, 11:14 AM EDT
They’re facing down the dreaded 10th game tonight.
May 5, 2015, 10:44 AM EDT
The Big Ten’s freshman of the year in 2013-14 heads back to school.
May 5, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
His baffling postseason struggles continued in Game 3.
May 5, 2015, 10:16 AM EDT
Rangy defenseman has enjoyed a hectic 2014-15 campaign.
May 5, 2015, 9:38 AM EDT
It was a good run.
May 5, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Two Game 3’s on the docket.
May 5, 2015, 8:35 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
May 4, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Washington needs its bottom-six forwards to keep contributing in order to go deep into the playoffs.
May 4, 2015, 10:28 PM EDT
It was his first shutout of the 2015 playoffs.
May 4, 2015, 9:40 PM EDT
It’s part of the leadup to the Detroit vs. Colorado outdoor game.
May 4, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
Andre Burakovsky got his first career playoff point.
May 4, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
“Without that, goaltending and team defense can only take you so far.”
May 4, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
All three have won the Stanley Cup.
May 4, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
Her husband faces domestic violence charges.
May 4, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT
The series is tied at 1-1.
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)