Feb 5, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Some transactions to pass your way…
Ducks send Smith-Pelly packing
Anaheim has sent second-year forward Devante Smith-Pelly to AHL Norfolk.
Smith-Pelly, 20, was mired in the classic sophomore slump to begin 2013, appearing in just five games while averaging eight minutes in ice time.
He recorded no points for the Ducks and had a minus-2 rating — a disappointing development considering his strong rookie campaign, in which he scored 7G-6A-13PTS in 49 games while playing over 12 minutes a night.
Oilers recall Arcobello
Arcobello, 24, is a diminutive skater — 5-foot-8, 165 pounds — that’s emerged as a talented scorer at the AHL level. He has 39 points in 43 games for the Barons this season and led the team in shots on goal, with 138.
Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger said that promoting Arcobello, who has never played an NHL game, was an easy decision, calling him the “best player available” in Oklahoma City at the moment.
Rangers send Mashinter to Connecticut
Just one day after promoting him from the AHL, the New York Rangers have sent Brandon Mashinter back down to the Whale.
It appears Mashinter was brought up solely as a precaution — rookie forward Chris Kreider is dealing with an ankle injury and it was unclear if newly-acquired Darroll Powe would make it to New York in time for tonight’s game against the Devils.
Powe did make it, though, which means Mashinter’s time in the Big Apple was brief.
May 23, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
When asked if Ottawa could come back from a 3-1 series deficit against Pittsburgh, he said “probably not.”
May 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
“That’s the way he plays.”
May 23, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
It would cost them $24 million over 14 years.
May 23, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Cue the buyout speculation.
May 23, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Will he be challenging Ryan Miller for it?
May 23, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
The home of the Oilers’ AHL affiliate.
May 23, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
He’s frustrated nothing got done in Calgary.
May 23, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
The big unveiling will be on June 4.
May 23, 2013, 10:37 AM EDT
He constructed the silver medal-winning team at the 2010 games in Vancouver.
May 23, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
“It’s been pretty quiet for a while now.”
May 23, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
“(Gillis’) fault all the way.”
May 23, 2013, 8:02 AM EDT
Additionally, Chicago will play Detroit and the Kings will host the Sharks.
May 23, 2013, 7:13 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links
May 23, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
They rank first and second in shorthanded goals in the 2013 playoffs.
May 23, 2013, 12:14 AM EDT
It initially made it look like he suffered an injury.
May 22, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
Trent Whitfield has now been on the wrong end of history twice.
May 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
John Tortorella would be proud.
May 22, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
The Penguins “have too much depth.”
May 22, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Ottawa’s strong first period was wasted.
May 22, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
He’s been reaching out to agents and players.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 15
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 10
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 25
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 20
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 18
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 71
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 101
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement