Feb 5, 2013, 3:07 PM EST
Some transactions to pass your way…
Ducks send Smith-Pelly packing
Anaheim has sent second-year forward Devante Smith-Pelly to AHL Norfolk.
Smith-Pelly, 20, was mired in the classic sophomore slump to begin 2013, appearing in just five games while averaging eight minutes in ice time.
He recorded no points for the Ducks and had a minus-2 rating — a disappointing development considering his strong rookie campaign, in which he scored 7G-6A-13PTS in 49 games while playing over 12 minutes a night.
Oilers recall Arcobello
Arcobello, 24, is a diminutive skater — 5-foot-8, 165 pounds — that’s emerged as a talented scorer at the AHL level. He has 39 points in 43 games for the Barons this season and led the team in shots on goal, with 138.
Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger said that promoting Arcobello, who has never played an NHL game, was an easy decision, calling him the “best player available” in Oklahoma City at the moment.
Rangers send Mashinter to Connecticut
Just one day after promoting him from the AHL, the New York Rangers have sent Brandon Mashinter back down to the Whale.
It appears Mashinter was brought up solely as a precaution — rookie forward Chris Kreider is dealing with an ankle injury and it was unclear if newly-acquired Darroll Powe would make it to New York in time for tonight’s game against the Devils.
Powe did make it, though, which means Mashinter’s time in the Big Apple was brief.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
The waters are being tested with a ticket drive.
Dec 25, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Sidney Crosby and Corey Perry are just two of the players that have been inflicted by the NHL outbreak.
Dec 25, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
And the NHL’s swift, significant response.
Dec 25, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
2014 was another painful year, but was it also one of progress?
Dec 25, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The perfect storm that led to a shocking trade deadline captains swap between two teams looking to make serious playoff runs.
Dec 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
A major letdown in Sochi, followed by the Caps missing the playoffs.
Dec 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
One of the best performances in international hockey history.
Dec 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Hockey mourned the loss of two of its most respected individuals.
Dec 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
It wasn’t the reason he was fired, but it sure was memorable.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
After 22 years, the Finnish Flash called it a day.
Dec 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
From down 0-3 to winning it all.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Over 105,000 descended on Ann Arbor for an unforgettable experience.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Even a disappointing Olympic finish can’t erase a star-making moment.
Dec 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Was quite the playoff run for L.A. and its 27-year-old defenseman.
Dec 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Check back often. It’s an all-day thing.
Dec 24, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Only Glen Sather is ahead of him.
Dec 24, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
“It’s like a little miracle down here.”
Dec 24, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The goal was initially credited to Martin St. Louis.
Dec 24, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
Will he eventually earn a full-time NHL roster spot?
Dec 24, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
His stint with the Lightning was brief, but memorable.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)