Feb 5, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Some transactions to pass your way…
Ducks send Smith-Pelly packing
Anaheim has sent second-year forward Devante Smith-Pelly to AHL Norfolk.
Smith-Pelly, 20, was mired in the classic sophomore slump to begin 2013, appearing in just five games while averaging eight minutes in ice time.
He recorded no points for the Ducks and had a minus-2 rating — a disappointing development considering his strong rookie campaign, in which he scored 7G-6A-13PTS in 49 games while playing over 12 minutes a night.
Oilers recall Arcobello
Arcobello, 24, is a diminutive skater — 5-foot-8, 165 pounds — that’s emerged as a talented scorer at the AHL level. He has 39 points in 43 games for the Barons this season and led the team in shots on goal, with 138.
Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger said that promoting Arcobello, who has never played an NHL game, was an easy decision, calling him the “best player available” in Oklahoma City at the moment.
Rangers send Mashinter to Connecticut
Just one day after promoting him from the AHL, the New York Rangers have sent Brandon Mashinter back down to the Whale.
It appears Mashinter was brought up solely as a precaution — rookie forward Chris Kreider is dealing with an ankle injury and it was unclear if newly-acquired Darroll Powe would make it to New York in time for tonight’s game against the Devils.
Powe did make it, though, which means Mashinter’s time in the Big Apple was brief.
Jul 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Makes sense for a franchise that frequently favors puck possession.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Can the STAR system help reduce concussions?
Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
They’ll feature a “skating-only” ice crew next season.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
The crash happened on Monday, according to reports.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Will their latest physics improvements make a big difference?
Jul 23, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Can they make a compromise by Friday?
Jul 23, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
“We’ll see what happens. It’s a couple years away.”
Jul 23, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Jim Benning, making deals.
Jul 23, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
“Any of the perceived animosity came from the outside.”
Jul 23, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
His previously “yet-to-be-determined capacity” has been determined.
Jul 23, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
“My style and build might be better against the bigger guys.”
Jul 23, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Won a couple of Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Had seven goals with 21 assists last year for the Avs.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:23 AM EDT
The 23-year-old can now become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Derick Brassard and John Moore to go.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Barry Trotz continues Adam Oates’ alteration, at least for now.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Wednesday’s delectable spread of links.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
They locked him up to a four-year deal on Tuesday.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
He spent last season playing in Switzerland.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
The Cuban-American could help market the sport.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)