Feb 5, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Some transactions to pass your way…
Ducks send Smith-Pelly packing
Anaheim has sent second-year forward Devante Smith-Pelly to AHL Norfolk.
Smith-Pelly, 20, was mired in the classic sophomore slump to begin 2013, appearing in just five games while averaging eight minutes in ice time.
He recorded no points for the Ducks and had a minus-2 rating — a disappointing development considering his strong rookie campaign, in which he scored 7G-6A-13PTS in 49 games while playing over 12 minutes a night.
Oilers recall Arcobello
Arcobello, 24, is a diminutive skater — 5-foot-8, 165 pounds — that’s emerged as a talented scorer at the AHL level. He has 39 points in 43 games for the Barons this season and led the team in shots on goal, with 138.
Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger said that promoting Arcobello, who has never played an NHL game, was an easy decision, calling him the “best player available” in Oklahoma City at the moment.
Rangers send Mashinter to Connecticut
Just one day after promoting him from the AHL, the New York Rangers have sent Brandon Mashinter back down to the Whale.
It appears Mashinter was brought up solely as a precaution — rookie forward Chris Kreider is dealing with an ankle injury and it was unclear if newly-acquired Darroll Powe would make it to New York in time for tonight’s game against the Devils.
Powe did make it, though, which means Mashinter’s time in the Big Apple was brief.
May 26, 2015, 1:13 AM EDT
Monday’s tough loss hasn’t weakened his resolve.
May 26, 2015, 12:21 AM EDT
Matt Beleskey scored the game winner after initially losing his second line spot.
May 26, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
Chicago was trailing for most of the game.
May 25, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
It was a reversal from the first frame.
May 25, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
Maple Leafs prospect Frederik Gauthier had a big game too.
May 25, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
The first period was all Anaheim.
May 25, 2015, 9:42 PM EDT
The Ducks got off to an ideal start.
May 25, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Emerson Etem is a healthy scratch.
May 25, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
He needed to keep his wrist frozen to play.
May 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
He was linked to Nashville’s playoff curfew incident.
May 25, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The series is tied at 2-2.
May 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
There’s going to be a fight for the No. 1 gig in Detroit.
May 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Reports out of Swift Current, Saskatchewan.
May 25, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
They’re expected to speak again before July 1.
May 25, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
“One bounce here or there, it’s a different story.”
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Made his NHL debut last season, appearing in 16 games.
May 25, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s eligible to sign an extension this summer.
May 25, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“Everyone involved with the ZSC Lions is so excited about seeing him play in Zurich.”
May 25, 2015, 12:44 PM EDT
This won’t quell the Kevin Bieksa trade speculation.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)