Feb 5, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
JT Miller’s impressive 2013 campaign continues to get better.
In January, he won gold with Team USA at the World Juniors. Last week, he played in his first-ever AHL All-Star Game.
And on Tuesday, he’ll play in his first-ever NHL game as his Rangers travel to New Jersey to take on the Devils in a classic rivalry matchup.
“I’m just excited right now, anxious, just ready to play obviously,” Miller told NHL.com. “I’ve been looking forward to it since I was a little kid.
“I just want to go out there and try to get into the game as soon as possible. I think that will help me the most.”
New York’s first-round pick at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, Miller was the first American player off the board and has since gone on to represent the U.S. at the last two World Junior tournaments.
In the most recent one, Miller scored nine points in nine games and led the team in assists, with seven.
Rangers head coach John Tortorella has been impressed with how much Miller has matured in a relatively short period of time. The 19-year-old is still in the midst of his first professional season.
“I think his game has really grown,” Tortorella said. “He had a really good [World Junior] tournament there. He has become more consistent in Hartford.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)