Feb 5, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
JT Miller’s impressive 2013 campaign continues to get better.
In January, he won gold with Team USA at the World Juniors. Last week, he played in his first-ever AHL All-Star Game.
And on Tuesday, he’ll play in his first-ever NHL game as his Rangers travel to New Jersey to take on the Devils in a classic rivalry matchup.
“I’m just excited right now, anxious, just ready to play obviously,” Miller told NHL.com. “I’ve been looking forward to it since I was a little kid.
“I just want to go out there and try to get into the game as soon as possible. I think that will help me the most.”
New York’s first-round pick at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, Miller was the first American player off the board and has since gone on to represent the U.S. at the last two World Junior tournaments.
In the most recent one, Miller scored nine points in nine games and led the team in assists, with seven.
Rangers head coach John Tortorella has been impressed with how much Miller has matured in a relatively short period of time. The 19-year-old is still in the midst of his first professional season.
“I think his game has really grown,” Tortorella said. “He had a really good [World Junior] tournament there. He has become more consistent in Hartford.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 7
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)