Feb 5, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Darren Helm has no idea what’s causing the back pain that’s caused him to miss all but one of the Red Wings’ games this season.
The uncertainty isn’t for a lack of investigating. The 26-year-old forward had a bone scan Monday, and he’s already had an MRI that revealed no structural damage.
“Nobody is really sure what is going on,” he said, per the Detroit News. “I’m just hoping one day I can turn the corner.”
Helm will reportedly see a back specialist later this week as the search for answers continues.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)