Feb 5, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Darren Helm has no idea what’s causing the back pain that’s caused him to miss all but one of the Red Wings’ games this season.
The uncertainty isn’t for a lack of investigating. The 26-year-old forward had a bone scan Monday, and he’s already had an MRI that revealed no structural damage.
“Nobody is really sure what is going on,” he said, per the Detroit News. “I’m just hoping one day I can turn the corner.”
Helm will reportedly see a back specialist later this week as the search for answers continues.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)