Feb 5, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Darren Helm has no idea what’s causing the back pain that’s caused him to miss all but one of the Red Wings’ games this season.
The uncertainty isn’t for a lack of investigating. The 26-year-old forward had a bone scan Monday, and he’s already had an MRI that revealed no structural damage.
“Nobody is really sure what is going on,” he said, per the Detroit News. “I’m just hoping one day I can turn the corner.”
Helm will reportedly see a back specialist later this week as the search for answers continues.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)