Feb 5, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Darren Helm has no idea what’s causing the back pain that’s caused him to miss all but one of the Red Wings’ games this season.
The uncertainty isn’t for a lack of investigating. The 26-year-old forward had a bone scan Monday, and he’s already had an MRI that revealed no structural damage.
“Nobody is really sure what is going on,” he said, per the Detroit News. “I’m just hoping one day I can turn the corner.”
Helm will reportedly see a back specialist later this week as the search for answers continues.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17