Feb 5, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Darren Helm has no idea what’s causing the back pain that’s caused him to miss all but one of the Red Wings’ games this season.
The uncertainty isn’t for a lack of investigating. The 26-year-old forward had a bone scan Monday, and he’s already had an MRI that revealed no structural damage.
“Nobody is really sure what is going on,” he said, per the Detroit News. “I’m just hoping one day I can turn the corner.”
Helm will reportedly see a back specialist later this week as the search for answers continues.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)