Feb 5, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
When the topic of “who’s the best Flyer?” comes up, answers usually revolve around one name — Claude Giroux.
Yet it’s Giroux himself who thinks someone else is currently deserving of that title:
“Right now, he’s our best player,” Giroux told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Tuesday.
While Bryzgalov’s record leaves something to be desired — he’s just 3-5 thus far — his other numbers are solid.
He’s boasting a 2.40 GAA and .920 save percentage, the latter being most impressive given he’s faced the fifth-most shots in the NHL this season (238).
Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette praised Bryzgalov’s consistency this season and alternate captain Daniel Briere says if the Russian netminder can keep it up, the Flyers’ struggles won’t last much longer.
“If he keeps playing this way,” Briere said, “we’ll be a very dangerous team.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)