Feb 5, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
When the topic of “who’s the best Flyer?” comes up, answers usually revolve around one name — Claude Giroux.
Yet it’s Giroux himself who thinks someone else is currently deserving of that title:
“Right now, he’s our best player,” Giroux told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Tuesday.
While Bryzgalov’s record leaves something to be desired — he’s just 3-5 thus far — his other numbers are solid.
He’s boasting a 2.40 GAA and .920 save percentage, the latter being most impressive given he’s faced the fifth-most shots in the NHL this season (238).
Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette praised Bryzgalov’s consistency this season and alternate captain Daniel Briere says if the Russian netminder can keep it up, the Flyers’ struggles won’t last much longer.
“If he keeps playing this way,” Briere said, “we’ll be a very dangerous team.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8