Feb 5, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames defeated the Detroit Red Wings Tuesday, but that could come at a devastating price.
According to the Flames Twitter account, Kiprusoff will be “re-evaluated tomorrow.”
Kiprusoff has been a mainstay in the Flames net since the 2003-04 season, but specifically in the playoffs, when he backstopped Calgary to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Kiprusoff has played a minimum of 70 games in each of the last seven seasons since the 2004-05 lockout and hasn’t posted fewer than 35 wins in each of those seasons.
The good news for the Flames was Jarome Iginla, 35, finally broke his goose egg in the goals column.
His first goal of the season gave Calgary a 1-0 lead early in the opening period.
Meanwhile, the Wings, struggling at 10th in the Western Conference with a 4-4-1 record, continue to be “a work in progress,” head coach Mike Babcock told the Calgary Herald.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)