Feb 5, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames defeated the Detroit Red Wings Tuesday, but that could come at a devastating price.
According to the Flames Twitter account, Kiprusoff will be “re-evaluated tomorrow.”
Kiprusoff has been a mainstay in the Flames net since the 2003-04 season, but specifically in the playoffs, when he backstopped Calgary to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Kiprusoff has played a minimum of 70 games in each of the last seven seasons since the 2004-05 lockout and hasn’t posted fewer than 35 wins in each of those seasons.
The good news for the Flames was Jarome Iginla, 35, finally broke his goose egg in the goals column.
His first goal of the season gave Calgary a 1-0 lead early in the opening period.
Meanwhile, the Wings, struggling at 10th in the Western Conference with a 4-4-1 record, continue to be “a work in progress,” head coach Mike Babcock told the Calgary Herald.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)