Feb 5, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
Crombeen, though, probably wishes he hadn’t found Rinaldo:
Not a pleasant scene, obviously, though it should be noted Crombeen is an experienced fighter — 69 career NHL tilts, according to Frank Seravalli of the Phiadelphia Daily News.
Crombeen left the contest and didn’t return for the remainder of the period.
Update: The Lightning have reported that Crombeen will return for the second period, a decision that’s probably going to raise some eyebrows about concussion protocol.
Update 2: According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune, the Lightning have reversed course and decided to hold Crombeen out for the remainder of the game as a precautionary measure.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)