Feb 5, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
Crombeen, though, probably wishes he hadn’t found Rinaldo:
Not a pleasant scene, obviously, though it should be noted Crombeen is an experienced fighter — 69 career NHL tilts, according to Frank Seravalli of the Phiadelphia Daily News.
Crombeen left the contest and didn’t return for the remainder of the period.
Update: The Lightning have reported that Crombeen will return for the second period, a decision that’s probably going to raise some eyebrows about concussion protocol.
Update 2: According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune, the Lightning have reversed course and decided to hold Crombeen out for the remainder of the game as a precautionary measure.
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 2
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 37
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (134)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)