Feb 5, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
Crombeen, though, probably wishes he hadn’t found Rinaldo:
Not a pleasant scene, obviously, though it should be noted Crombeen is an experienced fighter — 69 career NHL tilts, according to Frank Seravalli of the Phiadelphia Daily News.
Crombeen left the contest and didn’t return for the remainder of the period.
Update: The Lightning have reported that Crombeen will return for the second period, a decision that’s probably going to raise some eyebrows about concussion protocol.
Update 2: According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune, the Lightning have reversed course and decided to hold Crombeen out for the remainder of the game as a precautionary measure.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)