Feb 5, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
Crombeen, though, probably wishes he hadn’t found Rinaldo:
Not a pleasant scene, obviously, though it should be noted Crombeen is an experienced fighter — 69 career NHL tilts, according to Frank Seravalli of the Phiadelphia Daily News.
Crombeen left the contest and didn’t return for the remainder of the period.
Update: The Lightning have reported that Crombeen will return for the second period, a decision that’s probably going to raise some eyebrows about concussion protocol.
Update 2: According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune, the Lightning have reversed course and decided to hold Crombeen out for the remainder of the game as a precautionary measure.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 7
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 6
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 38
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (39)