Feb 5, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Boston will be without two of its veteran forwards for a second straight game on Wednesday as both Daniel Paille and Shawn Thornton will be held out of action for a rivalry game against Montreal.
The two Bruins were hurt during last Thursday’s 7-4 loss against Buffalo. Paille took a Tyler Myers high stick to the face (resulting in an eye/face injury) while Thornton suffered a concussion during a first period fight with Sabres enforcer John Scott.
Paille took part in some drills at practice this week, but took himself out of the contact stuff so he didn’t re-injure his eye. Thornton, meanwhile, has resumed skating on his own but has yet to rejoin teammates.
It’s expected that AHL Providence call-ups Jamie Tardif and Lane MacDermid will play for the second straight game — both suited up in Saturday’s 1-0 win over Toronto, with Tardif registering two hits in just over eight minutes of action and MacDermid getting in a pair of scraps with Maple Leafs tough guy Mark Fraser, scoring this victory in the second scrap:
If there’s a silver lining for Paille and Thornton, it’s that they were hurt during Boston’s lightest part of the schedule. The Bruins played on Saturday in Toronto, tomorrow (Wednesday) in Montreal, then won’t play again until Saturday in a home date against Tampa Bay.
May 21, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Ray Emery sits…for now.
May 21, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
The 29-year-old was on the ice for all five Boston goals in Game 2.
May 21, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
He’s got the Red Wings two wins shy of a huge upset.
May 21, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
“We’ve got a good home record, but we can’t rest and be comfortable with just being a great home team.”
May 21, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
He underwent surgery two weeks ago.
May 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
A look at that and the San Jose Sharks’ series against the Los Angeles Kings.
May 21, 2013, 9:49 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche’s chief scout doesn’t think there’s a clear favorite.
May 21, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT
But before that the Bruins will try to take a 3-0 series lead on the Rangers.
May 21, 2013, 7:38 AM EDT
“They’re discussing the final details of an arrangement.”
May 21, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
May 20, 2013, 11:45 PM EDT
Is that an intentional Sharks pun?
May 20, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
He thinks it could be a valuable wake-up call.
May 20, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
At least between Dan Cleary and Bryan Bickell.
May 20, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville said they “hit the wall” after that.
May 20, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Tough night for the zebras.
May 20, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
Finally some adversity for the Blackhawks.
May 20, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Peter Horachek had been with the team since 2003.
May 20, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
Two goals in 31 seconds, including his beauty.
May 20, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
That Craig Adams hit didn’t feel very good, though.
May 20, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
Did anyone go over the line?
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 6
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 13
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 36
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 78
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (78)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control