Feb 4, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
Sometimes firing the puck is pretty much all you need to do is score. That was the case Sunday afternoon when Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson dumped the puck into the Penguins zone and ended up beating his former teammate, Penguins goaltender Tomas Vokoun.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The silver lining for Vokoun is that Pittsburgh came back with three consecutive goals en route to a commanding 6-3 victory over Washington.
It was Vokoun’s first start against the Capitals since his stint with them last season and he now has a 3-1-0 record this season.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)