Feb 4, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
Sometimes firing the puck is pretty much all you need to do is score. That was the case Sunday afternoon when Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson dumped the puck into the Penguins zone and ended up beating his former teammate, Penguins goaltender Tomas Vokoun.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The silver lining for Vokoun is that Pittsburgh came back with three consecutive goals en route to a commanding 6-3 victory over Washington.
It was Vokoun’s first start against the Capitals since his stint with them last season and he now has a 3-1-0 record this season.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)