Feb 4, 2013, 9:02 AM EST
Sometimes firing the puck is pretty much all you need to do is score. That was the case Sunday afternoon when Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson dumped the puck into the Penguins zone and ended up beating his former teammate, Penguins goaltender Tomas Vokoun.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The silver lining for Vokoun is that Pittsburgh came back with three consecutive goals en route to a commanding 6-3 victory over Washington.
It was Vokoun’s first start against the Capitals since his stint with them last season and he now has a 3-1-0 record this season.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 2
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 13
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)