Feb 4, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
Sometimes firing the puck is pretty much all you need to do is score. That was the case Sunday afternoon when Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson dumped the puck into the Penguins zone and ended up beating his former teammate, Penguins goaltender Tomas Vokoun.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The silver lining for Vokoun is that Pittsburgh came back with three consecutive goals en route to a commanding 6-3 victory over Washington.
It was Vokoun’s first start against the Capitals since his stint with them last season and he now has a 3-1-0 record this season.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)