Feb 4, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
First, he tried to void last summer’s trade from Anaheim. Then he attempted to stay in the KHL for the rest of the season. But like it or not, it appears Lubomir Visnovsky will be suiting up for the Islanders shortly.
Per the New York Post, the 36-year-old defenseman could be in the lineup as soon as Thursday against the Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
Visnovsky is expected to arrive on Long Island Wednesday. If he doesn’t play Thursday, New York’s next game is Saturday at home to the Sabres.
Led by former first overall pick John Tavares, the Isles are off to a respectable 4-3-1 start and currently occupy seventh spot in the Eastern Conference. If Visnovsky can play like his expiring five-year, $28 million contract suggests he can, the playoffs may not be such a long shot.
Though his numbers fell significantly in 2011-12 with the Ducks, Visnovsky is only two seasons removed from leading all NHL defensemen in points (68).
Feb 28, 2015, 7:51 PM EST
Philadelphia is trying to salvage its bid for a playoff spot.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:37 PM EST
A recent report suggests that Boston is interested.
Feb 28, 2015, 6:55 PM EST
He’s been released from the hospital.
Feb 28, 2015, 6:02 PM EST
Alexey Marchenko scored his first career goal.
Feb 28, 2015, 5:34 PM EST
That gives some teams extra roster flexibility.
Feb 28, 2015, 4:45 PM EST
Was injured on a hit from Seth Jones.
Feb 28, 2015, 4:15 PM EST
He’s been the subject of trade rumors lately.
Feb 28, 2015, 3:35 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Feb 28, 2015, 2:07 PM EST
The former Caps’ forward reunited with Bruce Boudreau.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
He’s being evaluated in hospital.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:27 PM EST
Both are unrestricted free agents after this season.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
He’s an unrestricted free agent after this season.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Was acquired Thursday from Toronto.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Ottawa’s GM confirms he had talks with Toronto.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
New York has won four straight overall coming in.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:02 AM EST
L.A. played the night before.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
Lost to Carolina on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
He was traded from Philadelphia to Chicago on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:34 PM EST
Meanwhile, Calgary’s playoff hopes take another hit.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Important win for Boston.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)