Feb 4, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
When the Boston Bruins faced the Buffalo Sabres on Jan. 31, John Scott did what he does best: fight.
Shawn Thornton obliged him in a bout 2:53 into the game, confronting the huge 30-year-old enforcer. Scott didn’t do much else that night aside from drawing another penalty (the next for elbowing), which made Mike Milbury wonder if Thornton, 35, should have even bothered dropping the gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scott totaled just 4:28 minutes of ice time in that game, strengthening Milbury’s argument that he brings little to the table beyond fisticuffs. Where do you stand, though? Should Thornton have avoided the fight or did he do the right thing?
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)