Feb 4, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
When the Boston Bruins faced the Buffalo Sabres on Jan. 31, John Scott did what he does best: fight.
Shawn Thornton obliged him in a bout 2:53 into the game, confronting the huge 30-year-old enforcer. Scott didn’t do much else that night aside from drawing another penalty (the next for elbowing), which made Mike Milbury wonder if Thornton, 35, should have even bothered dropping the gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scott totaled just 4:28 minutes of ice time in that game, strengthening Milbury’s argument that he brings little to the table beyond fisticuffs. Where do you stand, though? Should Thornton have avoided the fight or did he do the right thing?
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 4
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 8
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)