Feb 4, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
When the Boston Bruins faced the Buffalo Sabres on Jan. 31, John Scott did what he does best: fight.
Shawn Thornton obliged him in a bout 2:53 into the game, confronting the huge 30-year-old enforcer. Scott didn’t do much else that night aside from drawing another penalty (the next for elbowing), which made Mike Milbury wonder if Thornton, 35, should have even bothered dropping the gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scott totaled just 4:28 minutes of ice time in that game, strengthening Milbury’s argument that he brings little to the table beyond fisticuffs. Where do you stand, though? Should Thornton have avoided the fight or did he do the right thing?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5