Feb 4, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
When the Boston Bruins faced the Buffalo Sabres on Jan. 31, John Scott did what he does best: fight.
Shawn Thornton obliged him in a bout 2:53 into the game, confronting the huge 30-year-old enforcer. Scott didn’t do much else that night aside from drawing another penalty (the next for elbowing), which made Mike Milbury wonder if Thornton, 35, should have even bothered dropping the gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scott totaled just 4:28 minutes of ice time in that game, strengthening Milbury’s argument that he brings little to the table beyond fisticuffs. Where do you stand, though? Should Thornton have avoided the fight or did he do the right thing?
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 23
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)