Feb 4, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
When the Boston Bruins faced the Buffalo Sabres on Jan. 31, John Scott did what he does best: fight.
Shawn Thornton obliged him in a bout 2:53 into the game, confronting the huge 30-year-old enforcer. Scott didn’t do much else that night aside from drawing another penalty (the next for elbowing), which made Mike Milbury wonder if Thornton, 35, should have even bothered dropping the gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scott totaled just 4:28 minutes of ice time in that game, strengthening Milbury’s argument that he brings little to the table beyond fisticuffs. Where do you stand, though? Should Thornton have avoided the fight or did he do the right thing?
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)