Feb 4, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
Toronto Maple Leafs fans have dealt with a lot of indignities over the last few years. Add having to deal with a bunch of “Staal brothers 2, Leafs 1″ type jokes to that list.
Jordan Staal scored his first Carolina Hurricanes goal and Eric Staal added another later as the Canes topped the Maple Leafs 4-1 on Monday. One can only imagine all the Harbaugh brothers one-liners that also ensued.
Here’s video of both goals in one convenient spot:
Two fun stats (one for each brother!) related to that game:
- According to Randy Numbers of Elias, the Staal brothers are the first brother pairing to score more goals than Toronto since Peter and Anton Stastny did it for the Quebec Nordiques on Oct. 9, 1983.
- The last brother pairing to score for the Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers franchise was Dave and Wayne Babych, James Mirtle of the Globe & Mail reports.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)