Feb 4, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans have dealt with a lot of indignities over the last few years. Add having to deal with a bunch of “Staal brothers 2, Leafs 1″ type jokes to that list.
Jordan Staal scored his first Carolina Hurricanes goal and Eric Staal added another later as the Canes topped the Maple Leafs 4-1 on Monday. One can only imagine all the Harbaugh brothers one-liners that also ensued.
Here’s video of both goals in one convenient spot:
Two fun stats (one for each brother!) related to that game:
- According to Randy Numbers of Elias, the Staal brothers are the first brother pairing to score more goals than Toronto since Peter and Anton Stastny did it for the Quebec Nordiques on Oct. 9, 1983.
- The last brother pairing to score for the Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers franchise was Dave and Wayne Babych, James Mirtle of the Globe & Mail reports.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25