Feb 4, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans have dealt with a lot of indignities over the last few years. Add having to deal with a bunch of “Staal brothers 2, Leafs 1″ type jokes to that list.
Jordan Staal scored his first Carolina Hurricanes goal and Eric Staal added another later as the Canes topped the Maple Leafs 4-1 on Monday. One can only imagine all the Harbaugh brothers one-liners that also ensued.
Here’s video of both goals in one convenient spot:
Two fun stats (one for each brother!) related to that game:
- According to Randy Numbers of Elias, the Staal brothers are the first brother pairing to score more goals than Toronto since Peter and Anton Stastny did it for the Quebec Nordiques on Oct. 9, 1983.
- The last brother pairing to score for the Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers franchise was Dave and Wayne Babych, James Mirtle of the Globe & Mail reports.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 30
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)