Feb 4, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans have dealt with a lot of indignities over the last few years. Add having to deal with a bunch of “Staal brothers 2, Leafs 1″ type jokes to that list.
Jordan Staal scored his first Carolina Hurricanes goal and Eric Staal added another later as the Canes topped the Maple Leafs 4-1 on Monday. One can only imagine all the Harbaugh brothers one-liners that also ensued.
Here’s video of both goals in one convenient spot:
Two fun stats (one for each brother!) related to that game:
- According to Randy Numbers of Elias, the Staal brothers are the first brother pairing to score more goals than Toronto since Peter and Anton Stastny did it for the Quebec Nordiques on Oct. 9, 1983.
- The last brother pairing to score for the Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers franchise was Dave and Wayne Babych, James Mirtle of the Globe & Mail reports.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)