Feb 4, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans have dealt with a lot of indignities over the last few years. Add having to deal with a bunch of “Staal brothers 2, Leafs 1″ type jokes to that list.
Jordan Staal scored his first Carolina Hurricanes goal and Eric Staal added another later as the Canes topped the Maple Leafs 4-1 on Monday. One can only imagine all the Harbaugh brothers one-liners that also ensued.
Here’s video of both goals in one convenient spot:
Two fun stats (one for each brother!) related to that game:
- According to Randy Numbers of Elias, the Staal brothers are the first brother pairing to score more goals than Toronto since Peter and Anton Stastny did it for the Quebec Nordiques on Oct. 9, 1983.
- The last brother pairing to score for the Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers franchise was Dave and Wayne Babych, James Mirtle of the Globe & Mail reports.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 41
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)