Feb 4, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Rupp, 33, will join his sixth NHL team and reunite with Wild head coach Mike Yeo, who was an assistant in Pittsburgh when Rupp was with the Penguins.
Rupp — who has 53 goals and 765 PIM in 565 career NHL games, plus a Stanley Cup ring from the 2003 Devils — is signed through next season with a cap hit of $1.5 million.
Said Wild GM Chuck Fletcher: “Rupp is a big guy who has won the Stanley Cup. He brings size, experience and grit to our lineup.”
Powe, 27, has yet to register a point in eight games this season and is signed through 2013-14 with a cap hit of $1.06 million.
Palmieri, 23, has 10 goals and 11 assists in 40 games with AHL Houston and will go straight to the Connecticut Whale. He’s a pending restricted free agent.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)