Feb 4, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Rupp, 33, will join his sixth NHL team and reunite with Wild head coach Mike Yeo, who was an assistant in Pittsburgh when Rupp was with the Penguins.
Rupp — who has 53 goals and 765 PIM in 565 career NHL games, plus a Stanley Cup ring from the 2003 Devils — is signed through next season with a cap hit of $1.5 million.
Said Wild GM Chuck Fletcher: “Rupp is a big guy who has won the Stanley Cup. He brings size, experience and grit to our lineup.”
Powe, 27, has yet to register a point in eight games this season and is signed through 2013-14 with a cap hit of $1.06 million.
Palmieri, 23, has 10 goals and 11 assists in 40 games with AHL Houston and will go straight to the Connecticut Whale. He’s a pending restricted free agent.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)