Feb 4, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Rupp, 33, will join his sixth NHL team and reunite with Wild head coach Mike Yeo, who was an assistant in Pittsburgh when Rupp was with the Penguins.
Rupp — who has 53 goals and 765 PIM in 565 career NHL games, plus a Stanley Cup ring from the 2003 Devils — is signed through next season with a cap hit of $1.5 million.
Said Wild GM Chuck Fletcher: “Rupp is a big guy who has won the Stanley Cup. He brings size, experience and grit to our lineup.”
Powe, 27, has yet to register a point in eight games this season and is signed through 2013-14 with a cap hit of $1.06 million.
Palmieri, 23, has 10 goals and 11 assists in 40 games with AHL Houston and will go straight to the Connecticut Whale. He’s a pending restricted free agent.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)