Feb 4, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Rupp, 33, will join his sixth NHL team and reunite with Wild head coach Mike Yeo, who was an assistant in Pittsburgh when Rupp was with the Penguins.
Rupp — who has 53 goals and 765 PIM in 565 career NHL games, plus a Stanley Cup ring from the 2003 Devils — is signed through next season with a cap hit of $1.5 million.
Said Wild GM Chuck Fletcher: “Rupp is a big guy who has won the Stanley Cup. He brings size, experience and grit to our lineup.”
Powe, 27, has yet to register a point in eight games this season and is signed through 2013-14 with a cap hit of $1.06 million.
Palmieri, 23, has 10 goals and 11 assists in 40 games with AHL Houston and will go straight to the Connecticut Whale. He’s a pending restricted free agent.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)