Feb 4, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Rupp, 33, will join his sixth NHL team and reunite with Wild head coach Mike Yeo, who was an assistant in Pittsburgh when Rupp was with the Penguins.
Rupp — who has 53 goals and 765 PIM in 565 career NHL games, plus a Stanley Cup ring from the 2003 Devils — is signed through next season with a cap hit of $1.5 million.
Said Wild GM Chuck Fletcher: “Rupp is a big guy who has won the Stanley Cup. He brings size, experience and grit to our lineup.”
Powe, 27, has yet to register a point in eight games this season and is signed through 2013-14 with a cap hit of $1.06 million.
Palmieri, 23, has 10 goals and 11 assists in 40 games with AHL Houston and will go straight to the Connecticut Whale. He’s a pending restricted free agent.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)