Feb 4, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
Adam Pardy isn’t the kind of guy who will save the day – at least at the NHL level – but the Buffalo Sabres are hurting, so they decided to recall the fairly experienced defenseman on Monday. As you can see from this passage via John Vogl of the Buffalo News, the Sabres need whatever help they can find:
Pardy will provide reinforcement for a blue line that is missing Robyn Regehr and Andrej Sekera. There’s a chance Christian Ehrhoff is also banged up. Coach Lindy Ruff said two of the five players who skipped the optional practice today in Buffalo — Jason Pominville, Cody Hodgson, Steve Ott, Jochen Hecht and Ehrhoff– are doubtful for Tuesday.
(Ehrhoff, 30, did play his normal shifts in Buffalo’s most recent game on Sunday, so he might be able to suit up tomorrow.)
Pardy, 28, spent last season with the Dallas Stars organization, suiting up for 36 games with the big club and a few contests in the AHL. This season, he collected three points and a +3 rating in five contests with the AHL’s Rochester Americans.
May 6, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
The Presidents’ Trophy winners are now down 3-1 in the series.
May 6, 2015, 10:24 PM EDT
Montreal’s really not into that magic trick.
May 6, 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
An absolute beauty of a save.
May 6, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Another shocking end.
May 6, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
Was that “boy strength” or “man strength?”
May 6, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
They hadn’t scored in 100 minutes.
May 6, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Two chances that barely missed.
May 6, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Tampa Bay grabs a 1-0 lead in Game 3.
May 6, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Things haven’t come easily for the high-end prospect.
May 6, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Chosen by the National Hockey League Broadcasters’ Association.
May 6, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Watch on TV and online.
May 6, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Czech netminder has appeared in 27 games for Nashville over the last two seasons.
May 6, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Sweden led 3-0 at one point.
May 6, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Scored 63 goals and 118 points this year for Portland.
May 6, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
“It’s like a horse race — you can’t stand ten feet ahead of the finish line and determine who won a close race.”
May 6, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Had 89 points in 55 games.
May 6, 2015, 2:26 PM EDT
Yet the Wild coach is now staring it in the face.
May 6, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Teams will meet tonight and again tomorrow in Tampa Bay.
May 6, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“I’m still in between and weighing the options.”
May 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Calgary’s Bob Hartley is considered the favorite.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink (64)