Feb 4, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
Adam Pardy isn’t the kind of guy who will save the day – at least at the NHL level – but the Buffalo Sabres are hurting, so they decided to recall the fairly experienced defenseman on Monday. As you can see from this passage via John Vogl of the Buffalo News, the Sabres need whatever help they can find:
Pardy will provide reinforcement for a blue line that is missing Robyn Regehr and Andrej Sekera. There’s a chance Christian Ehrhoff is also banged up. Coach Lindy Ruff said two of the five players who skipped the optional practice today in Buffalo — Jason Pominville, Cody Hodgson, Steve Ott, Jochen Hecht and Ehrhoff– are doubtful for Tuesday.
(Ehrhoff, 30, did play his normal shifts in Buffalo’s most recent game on Sunday, so he might be able to suit up tomorrow.)
Pardy, 28, spent last season with the Dallas Stars organization, suiting up for 36 games with the big club and a few contests in the AHL. This season, he collected three points and a +3 rating in five contests with the AHL’s Rochester Americans.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25