Feb 4, 2013, 7:57 PM EST
Adam Pardy isn’t the kind of guy who will save the day – at least at the NHL level – but the Buffalo Sabres are hurting, so they decided to recall the fairly experienced defenseman on Monday. As you can see from this passage via John Vogl of the Buffalo News, the Sabres need whatever help they can find:
Pardy will provide reinforcement for a blue line that is missing Robyn Regehr and Andrej Sekera. There’s a chance Christian Ehrhoff is also banged up. Coach Lindy Ruff said two of the five players who skipped the optional practice today in Buffalo — Jason Pominville, Cody Hodgson, Steve Ott, Jochen Hecht and Ehrhoff– are doubtful for Tuesday.
(Ehrhoff, 30, did play his normal shifts in Buffalo’s most recent game on Sunday, so he might be able to suit up tomorrow.)
Pardy, 28, spent last season with the Dallas Stars organization, suiting up for 36 games with the big club and a few contests in the AHL. This season, he collected three points and a +3 rating in five contests with the AHL’s Rochester Americans.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 4
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2