Feb 4, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Edmonton’s highest-paid defenseman will be a healthy scratch tonight versus Vancouver.
Whitney (0G, 3A, -5) logged just over 15 minutes Saturday in a 3-1 loss to Colorado, a far cry from the 20:58 he averaged last season.
Clearly, new head coach Ralph Krueger hasn’t been a fan of the 29-year-old’s work this season.
It’s worth noting that Whitney is in the final year of a six-year, $24 million contract. Might the Oilers try to move him before he walks away for free? And if they do, would there be any takers?
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 26
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 81
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)