Feb 4, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Edmonton’s highest-paid defenseman will be a healthy scratch tonight versus Vancouver.
Whitney (0G, 3A, -5) logged just over 15 minutes Saturday in a 3-1 loss to Colorado, a far cry from the 20:58 he averaged last season.
Clearly, new head coach Ralph Krueger hasn’t been a fan of the 29-year-old’s work this season.
It’s worth noting that Whitney is in the final year of a six-year, $24 million contract. Might the Oilers try to move him before he walks away for free? And if they do, would there be any takers?
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 42
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11