Feb 4, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Edmonton’s highest-paid defenseman will be a healthy scratch tonight versus Vancouver.
Whitney (0G, 3A, -5) logged just over 15 minutes Saturday in a 3-1 loss to Colorado, a far cry from the 20:58 he averaged last season.
Clearly, new head coach Ralph Krueger hasn’t been a fan of the 29-year-old’s work this season.
It’s worth noting that Whitney is in the final year of a six-year, $24 million contract. Might the Oilers try to move him before he walks away for free? And if they do, would there be any takers?
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings, too 0
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)