Feb 4, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
A trio of AHL recalls to pass your way:
Toronto recalls Holzer
The Maple Leafs have summoned Korbinian Holzer from the Marlies, according to the team website. Holzer, 24, has appeared in one game for the Leafs this season and will replace injured defenseman Carl Gunnarson (lower body.)
In 34 games with the Marlies this year, Holzer has 1G-7A-8PTS with a plus-9 rating.
Columbus recalls Holden
The Blue Jackets have brought up defenseman Nick Holden from Springfield to replace injured defenseman James Wisniewski.
Holden, 25, had four goals, 18 assists and a plus-13 rating in 44 games in the American Hockey League. He’s only appeared in five NHL games — the last coming in Oct. 2010 — and now joins a decidedly green Columbus blueline that also features John Moore, Tim Erixon and David Savard, all of whom are 22 or younger.
Wisniewski crashed hard into the end boards during Saturday’s 4-2 win over Detroit and there’s “no chance” he’ll be ready to play on Tuesday against Los Angeles, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Edmonton recalls Paajarvi
Paajarvi, 20, spent the first five games of the NHL campaign with Edmonton before being sent down on Jan. 31. He scored zero points (with a minus-3 rating) in three games with the Oilers, but has fared much better at the AHL level, scoring 4G-16A-20PTS in 37 games.
Detroit recalls Tatar, Mrazek
The Red Wings have brought up winger Tomas Tatar and goalie Petr Mrazek from Grand Rapids.
Tatar will suit up when the Wings play Calgary on Tuesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. The 22-year-old has 19 goals and 20 assists for 39 points in 44 games for the Griffins this year, and could play on one of the Wings’ top two lines against the Flames.
Update: Carolina has recalled Tim Wallace for tonight’s game against Toronto.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
“Nobody benefits from a short-term deal like this, in particular, our hockey department.”
Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Vancouver wasting little time locking up the target of Tuesday’s trade.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Boston could use some depth on its back end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m. ET.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Alleged incident involved a female victim.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
As opposed to just his skill.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The former general manager “wasn’t prepared to make the changes that needed to be made.”
Jul 30, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
He played in 502 games, primarily with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
The 24-year-old gives agreed to an entry-level deal.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Will he live up to his next contract?
Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
“It really wasn’t about Dainius himself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
His collection can be had for $5.7 million.
Jul 29, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
The contest will air on Dec. 31 while the Classic itself is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET on Jan. 1.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Staying healthy would help, too.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:22 PM EDT
The Seal Beach Detention Center isn’t exactly Shawshank.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
“I relaxed down there and came back with the same attitude and everything kind of took care of itself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Veteran forward had just four goals and six assists in 74 games last season.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
“So hopefully it’s nothing that keeps coming back.”
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 12
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)