Feb 4, 2013, 11:06 AM EST
A trio of AHL recalls to pass your way:
Toronto recalls Holzer
The Maple Leafs have summoned Korbinian Holzer from the Marlies, according to the team website. Holzer, 24, has appeared in one game for the Leafs this season and will replace injured defenseman Carl Gunnarson (lower body.)
In 34 games with the Marlies this year, Holzer has 1G-7A-8PTS with a plus-9 rating.
Columbus recalls Holden
The Blue Jackets have brought up defenseman Nick Holden from Springfield to replace injured defenseman James Wisniewski.
Holden, 25, had four goals, 18 assists and a plus-13 rating in 44 games in the American Hockey League. He’s only appeared in five NHL games — the last coming in Oct. 2010 — and now joins a decidedly green Columbus blueline that also features John Moore, Tim Erixon and David Savard, all of whom are 22 or younger.
Wisniewski crashed hard into the end boards during Saturday’s 4-2 win over Detroit and there’s “no chance” he’ll be ready to play on Tuesday against Los Angeles, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Edmonton recalls Paajarvi
Paajarvi, 20, spent the first five games of the NHL campaign with Edmonton before being sent down on Jan. 31. He scored zero points (with a minus-3 rating) in three games with the Oilers, but has fared much better at the AHL level, scoring 4G-16A-20PTS in 37 games.
Detroit recalls Tatar, Mrazek
The Red Wings have brought up winger Tomas Tatar and goalie Petr Mrazek from Grand Rapids.
Tatar will suit up when the Wings play Calgary on Tuesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. The 22-year-old has 19 goals and 20 assists for 39 points in 44 games for the Griffins this year, and could play on one of the Wings’ top two lines against the Flames.
Update: Carolina has recalled Tim Wallace for tonight’s game against Toronto.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:35 AM EST
He’ll likely start Tuesday paired with Dan Hamhuis.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 AM EST
Latvia could soon have another NHLer to cheer for.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:30 PM EST
The Isles have won both meetings this season.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:25 PM EST
He’s missed 13 games recovering from surgery on his fractured left wrist.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
Several players had to make alternate arrangements leaving the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
Expected to play Wednesday against the Leafs
Jan 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
He’s a repeat offender.
Jan 26, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Teams have till noon eastern time Tuesday to place a claim on the forward.
Jan 26, 2015, 6:16 PM EST
The Avalanche are trying to claw their way into the playoffs.
Jan 26, 2015, 5:52 PM EST
Minnesota had three healthy goaltenders on its roster.
Jan 26, 2015, 4:59 PM EST
Who will play this week?
Jan 26, 2015, 4:22 PM EST
This might be the result of fighting in back-to-back games.
Jan 26, 2015, 3:31 PM EST
Will Mikhail Grabovski step up?
Jan 26, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
The post-All-Star Game portion of the season isn’t starting any better for Buffalo.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
He’s been overseeing co-coaches Adam Oates and Scott Stevens.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
He didn’t end up playing in the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:31 PM EST
Remember, the club opted not to amnesty his contract last June.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:23 PM EST
Canucks will give Frank Corrado a chance to show what he can do.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:12 PM EST
Columbus’ star center is having a nice little run at the moment.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
They also summoned Josh Anderson.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)