Feb 4, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
A trio of AHL recalls to pass your way:
Toronto recalls Holzer
The Maple Leafs have summoned Korbinian Holzer from the Marlies, according to the team website. Holzer, 24, has appeared in one game for the Leafs this season and will replace injured defenseman Carl Gunnarson (lower body.)
In 34 games with the Marlies this year, Holzer has 1G-7A-8PTS with a plus-9 rating.
Columbus recalls Holden
The Blue Jackets have brought up defenseman Nick Holden from Springfield to replace injured defenseman James Wisniewski.
Holden, 25, had four goals, 18 assists and a plus-13 rating in 44 games in the American Hockey League. He’s only appeared in five NHL games — the last coming in Oct. 2010 — and now joins a decidedly green Columbus blueline that also features John Moore, Tim Erixon and David Savard, all of whom are 22 or younger.
Wisniewski crashed hard into the end boards during Saturday’s 4-2 win over Detroit and there’s “no chance” he’ll be ready to play on Tuesday against Los Angeles, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Edmonton recalls Paajarvi
Paajarvi, 20, spent the first five games of the NHL campaign with Edmonton before being sent down on Jan. 31. He scored zero points (with a minus-3 rating) in three games with the Oilers, but has fared much better at the AHL level, scoring 4G-16A-20PTS in 37 games.
Detroit recalls Tatar, Mrazek
The Red Wings have brought up winger Tomas Tatar and goalie Petr Mrazek from Grand Rapids.
Tatar will suit up when the Wings play Calgary on Tuesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. The 22-year-old has 19 goals and 20 assists for 39 points in 44 games for the Griffins this year, and could play on one of the Wings’ top two lines against the Flames.
Update: Carolina has recalled Tim Wallace for tonight’s game against Toronto.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
He may begin 2014-15 banged up.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
“The next few days will be the turning point,” GM Jim Rutherford said.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
The early word is that he’s OK, though.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
It’s not as foolish as it sounds … maybe.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Worth a try.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
According to fellow Swede and Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
One last chance for a tune-up.
Oct 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Where he’ll resume coaching duties for KHL Lokomotiv.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Didn’t take advantage of their opportunities.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Sounds like both will start the season at center.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Off to AHL Lake Erie they go.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
“We have not been in contact with the IOC and they have not been in touch with us.”
Oct 1, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Meaning all of Columbus’ No. 1 line — Jenner, Ryan Johansen and Nathan Horton — is now out of action.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
He won’t be ready for the season opener.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Both have one-year, two-way contracts.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
And Zack Stortini has been placed on waivers.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
“You can tell a guy ‘don’t dive’, but even on our team we’ve seen a few of them.”
Oct 1, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Another veteran d-man, Nolan Yonkman, was also released.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
“But we’ve talked and we’ll continue to talk about it.”
Oct 1, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
A rookie head coach, some significant roster turnover and the annual questions in goal.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)