Feb 4, 2013, 11:06 AM EST
A trio of AHL recalls to pass your way:
Toronto recalls Holzer
The Maple Leafs have summoned Korbinian Holzer from the Marlies, according to the team website. Holzer, 24, has appeared in one game for the Leafs this season and will replace injured defenseman Carl Gunnarson (lower body.)
In 34 games with the Marlies this year, Holzer has 1G-7A-8PTS with a plus-9 rating.
Columbus recalls Holden
The Blue Jackets have brought up defenseman Nick Holden from Springfield to replace injured defenseman James Wisniewski.
Holden, 25, had four goals, 18 assists and a plus-13 rating in 44 games in the American Hockey League. He’s only appeared in five NHL games — the last coming in Oct. 2010 — and now joins a decidedly green Columbus blueline that also features John Moore, Tim Erixon and David Savard, all of whom are 22 or younger.
Wisniewski crashed hard into the end boards during Saturday’s 4-2 win over Detroit and there’s “no chance” he’ll be ready to play on Tuesday against Los Angeles, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Edmonton recalls Paajarvi
Paajarvi, 20, spent the first five games of the NHL campaign with Edmonton before being sent down on Jan. 31. He scored zero points (with a minus-3 rating) in three games with the Oilers, but has fared much better at the AHL level, scoring 4G-16A-20PTS in 37 games.
Detroit recalls Tatar, Mrazek
The Red Wings have brought up winger Tomas Tatar and goalie Petr Mrazek from Grand Rapids.
Tatar will suit up when the Wings play Calgary on Tuesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. The 22-year-old has 19 goals and 20 assists for 39 points in 44 games for the Griffins this year, and could play on one of the Wings’ top two lines against the Flames.
Update: Carolina has recalled Tim Wallace for tonight’s game against Toronto.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)