Feb 4, 2013, 9:03 PM EST
At this point, 2012 first-round pick Ryan Murray would probably get a chance to crack the Columbus Blue Jackets’ injury-ravaged lineup … but he’s injured, too.
With Adrian Aucoin‘s lower-body injury pushing him to the IR on Monday, the team recalled Cody Goloubef from the AHL. Goloubef, 23, might be a relative unknown but he’ll fit in on the blueline for at least one reason: he missed six weeks with a broken finger earlier in 2012-13, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Another blueliner John Moore (lower-body) faces an uncertain status for Tuesday’s game, so maybe it would just be easier to list the hasty additions and the guys who are on the shelf:
Aucoin, 39, is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Moore, 22, is day-to-day with a lower-body injury as well.
James Wisniewski, 28, is out indefinitely with what might be a concussion.
Nikita Nikitin, 26, is on the injured reserve with an upper-body issue.
Slightly new to totally new additions
- Golubef hasn’t played an NHL game yet.
- Tim Erixon, 21, has recently been recalled.
- David Savard, 22, looks primed to move from healthy scratch to in the lineup.
- Nick Holden, 25, played five games in 2010-11.
The bright side
(Hey, a bright side doesn’t have to be that bright, does it?)
Nov 26, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
Colorado has now won four of five.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Jackets and Oilers talking trade.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
The Avs’ defenseman left the game and did not return.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Oilers’ forward has had his share of knee injuries.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Spent time in Vancouver as a player and a coach.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
Will not return due to a lower body injury.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Extends point streak to five games.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
Remains in the game.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
After 18 seasons, he’s done.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The 19-year-old rookie will be sticking in the NHL this season.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Chris Thorburn dropped the gloves with the Jackets tough guy.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
He’s been a healthy scratch in three straight games.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:48 PM EST
Sharks forward has undergone months of rehab on his surgically-repaired knee.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:04 PM EST
“Let’s get real. Finding top-four defensemen, they’re not available,” says GM Dean Lombardi.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
And rightly so.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
Alex Mallet for Andrey Pedan, specifically.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Bojangles. That’s a funny name.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 25, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
“I would rather fight than turtle or anything like that.”
Nov 25, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
This is… surprising.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)