Feb 4, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
At this point, 2012 first-round pick Ryan Murray would probably get a chance to crack the Columbus Blue Jackets’ injury-ravaged lineup … but he’s injured, too.
With Adrian Aucoin‘s lower-body injury pushing him to the IR on Monday, the team recalled Cody Goloubef from the AHL. Goloubef, 23, might be a relative unknown but he’ll fit in on the blueline for at least one reason: he missed six weeks with a broken finger earlier in 2012-13, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Another blueliner John Moore (lower-body) faces an uncertain status for Tuesday’s game, so maybe it would just be easier to list the hasty additions and the guys who are on the shelf:
Aucoin, 39, is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Moore, 22, is day-to-day with a lower-body injury as well.
James Wisniewski, 28, is out indefinitely with what might be a concussion.
Nikita Nikitin, 26, is on the injured reserve with an upper-body issue.
Slightly new to totally new additions
- Golubef hasn’t played an NHL game yet.
- Tim Erixon, 21, has recently been recalled.
- David Savard, 22, looks primed to move from healthy scratch to in the lineup.
- Nick Holden, 25, played five games in 2010-11.
The bright side
(Hey, a bright side doesn’t have to be that bright, does it?)
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54