Feb 4, 2013, 9:03 PM EST
At this point, 2012 first-round pick Ryan Murray would probably get a chance to crack the Columbus Blue Jackets’ injury-ravaged lineup … but he’s injured, too.
With Adrian Aucoin‘s lower-body injury pushing him to the IR on Monday, the team recalled Cody Goloubef from the AHL. Goloubef, 23, might be a relative unknown but he’ll fit in on the blueline for at least one reason: he missed six weeks with a broken finger earlier in 2012-13, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Another blueliner John Moore (lower-body) faces an uncertain status for Tuesday’s game, so maybe it would just be easier to list the hasty additions and the guys who are on the shelf:
Aucoin, 39, is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Moore, 22, is day-to-day with a lower-body injury as well.
James Wisniewski, 28, is out indefinitely with what might be a concussion.
Nikita Nikitin, 26, is on the injured reserve with an upper-body issue.
Slightly new to totally new additions
- Golubef hasn’t played an NHL game yet.
- Tim Erixon, 21, has recently been recalled.
- David Savard, 22, looks primed to move from healthy scratch to in the lineup.
- Nick Holden, 25, played five games in 2010-11.
The bright side
(Hey, a bright side doesn’t have to be that bright, does it?)
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2