Feb 4, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
10. Brandon Dubinsky (Columbus). Rangers fans may recall it took Dubinsky 15 games to score his first goal last season. A change of scenery doesn’t appear to have helped the 26-year-old rediscover the form that saw him score 24 times in 2010-11.
8. Henrik Sedin (Vancouver). Granted, he’s typically been the set-up man for brother Daniel. But Henrik also has just five assists in the Canucks’ first eight games, and only two of those helpers came even strength.
7. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edmonton). Like Henrik Sedin, he’s more of a play-maker than sniper; however, he still managed 18 goals as an 18-year-old rookie. Meanwhile, another Oilers center, Sam Gagner, is off to a great start (3G, 6A).
5. Mike Richards (Los Angeles). The Kings have really been struggling to put the puck in the net. Sort of like they did last season. And then they won the Stanley Cup.
4. Drew Stafford (Buffalo). Remember when he scored 31 goals? Yeah, that was only two seasons ago.
3. Jordan Staal (Carolina). Many thought the four-time 20-goal-scorer would flourish once he got out from the under the shadows of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. To be fair, Staal does have six assists, and he has important defensive responsibilities.
2. Jarome Iginla (Calgary). The captain has scored at least 32 goals in 11 straight seasons. If he’s not scoring, it’s hard for the Flames to win. And they’re not. (Honorable Calgary mention: Mike Cammalleri, also with no goals.)
1. Phil Kessel (Toronto). It’s gotten to the point of ridiculous in Toronto. Kessel has the third most shots in the NHL (36), and not one of them has gone in. There’s even a “Kessel countdown clock” now, right down to the millisecond.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:34 PM EST
Mar 1, 2015, 12:21 PM EST
A quick rundown of waiver transactions on Sunday.
Mar 1, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Anaheim readies for a road-heavy March.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:17 AM EST
Three of his season’s six goals came in the last three games.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:35 AM EST
The first-round pick was a little too rich, it seems.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:37 AM EST
They’ll play again on March 8.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:03 AM EST
San Jose completed its disastrous month with a loss to Ottawa.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:42 AM EST
In other words, he’s probably not going to be dealt before the trade deadline.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:52 PM EST
The Coyotes might not be done dealing yet.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:11 PM EST
Steve Mason was solid in his first start since undergoing knee surgery.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:41 PM EST
He’s continuing to make his case for the art Trophy.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:12 PM EST
Chicago also added Kimmo Timonen on Friday.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:24 PM EST
Stakes are high for Philadelphia after Boston and Florida won.
Feb 28, 2015, 8:50 PM EST
His leadership and the confidence that he brings might provide Florida with a big boost.
Feb 28, 2015, 8:24 PM EST
Arizona is threatening to drop to 29th in the NHL, which would be big as far as the draft lottery is concerned.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:51 PM EST
Philadelphia is trying to salvage its bid for a playoff spot.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:37 PM EST
A recent report suggests that Boston is interested.
Feb 28, 2015, 6:55 PM EST
He’s been released from the hospital.
Feb 28, 2015, 6:02 PM EST
Alexey Marchenko scored his first career goal.
Feb 28, 2015, 5:34 PM EST
That gives some teams extra roster flexibility.
- Flames place Giordano on IR 0
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 25
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 59
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (97)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)