Feb 4, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
The Ducks announced that Folwer won’t be in the lineup Monday when they host the Sharks at the Honda Center.
The 20-year-old defenseman was shaken up following this hit from Stoll on Saturday night, which went unpenalized and didn’t warrant supplemental discipline from the league:
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau said he was unsure what the future held for Fowler, but remained optimistic that the injury wasn’t serious.
“I don’t anticipate Cam being out for very long.”
In Fowler’s place, Anaheim will dress rookie blueliner Sami Vatanen, who made his NHL debut last Friday.
Vatanen, 21, was a fourth-round pick in 2009, an undersized but skillful defenseman that was a solid scorer (23 points in 34 games) with AHL Norfolk this season.
In other lineup news, it appears San Jose will start backup goalie Thomas Greiss — and Boudreau has hinted that his backup, Viktor Fasth, could also be getting the start.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 24
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)