Feb 4, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
The Ducks announced that Folwer won’t be in the lineup Monday when they host the Sharks at the Honda Center.
The 20-year-old defenseman was shaken up following this hit from Stoll on Saturday night, which went unpenalized and didn’t warrant supplemental discipline from the league:
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau said he was unsure what the future held for Fowler, but remained optimistic that the injury wasn’t serious.
“I don’t anticipate Cam being out for very long.”
In Fowler’s place, Anaheim will dress rookie blueliner Sami Vatanen, who made his NHL debut last Friday.
Vatanen, 21, was a fourth-round pick in 2009, an undersized but skillful defenseman that was a solid scorer (23 points in 34 games) with AHL Norfolk this season.
In other lineup news, it appears San Jose will start backup goalie Thomas Greiss — and Boudreau has hinted that his backup, Viktor Fasth, could also be getting the start.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)