Feb 4, 2013, 4:53 PM EST
The Ducks announced that Folwer won’t be in the lineup Monday when they host the Sharks at the Honda Center.
The 20-year-old defenseman was shaken up following this hit from Stoll on Saturday night, which went unpenalized and didn’t warrant supplemental discipline from the league:
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau said he was unsure what the future held for Fowler, but remained optimistic that the injury wasn’t serious.
“I don’t anticipate Cam being out for very long.”
In Fowler’s place, Anaheim will dress rookie blueliner Sami Vatanen, who made his NHL debut last Friday.
Vatanen, 21, was a fourth-round pick in 2009, an undersized but skillful defenseman that was a solid scorer (23 points in 34 games) with AHL Norfolk this season.
In other lineup news, it appears San Jose will start backup goalie Thomas Greiss — and Boudreau has hinted that his backup, Viktor Fasth, could also be getting the start.
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 27
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 52
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)