Feb 4, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
The Ducks announced that Folwer won’t be in the lineup Monday when they host the Sharks at the Honda Center.
The 20-year-old defenseman was shaken up following this hit from Stoll on Saturday night, which went unpenalized and didn’t warrant supplemental discipline from the league:
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau said he was unsure what the future held for Fowler, but remained optimistic that the injury wasn’t serious.
“I don’t anticipate Cam being out for very long.”
In Fowler’s place, Anaheim will dress rookie blueliner Sami Vatanen, who made his NHL debut last Friday.
Vatanen, 21, was a fourth-round pick in 2009, an undersized but skillful defenseman that was a solid scorer (23 points in 34 games) with AHL Norfolk this season.
In other lineup news, it appears San Jose will start backup goalie Thomas Greiss — and Boudreau has hinted that his backup, Viktor Fasth, could also be getting the start.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)