Feb 4, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
The player deposed Leafs GM Brian Burke never stopped believing could be a top goalie in the NHL is playing a lot like a top goalie in the NHL.
Reimer, 24, is 3-2-0 with a .922 save percentage and 2.46 GAA. On Saturday, he stopped 33 of 34 Boston shots in a 1-0 loss.
Of note, Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle is quick to credit new goalie coach Rick St. Croix — who replaced Francois Allaire (who didn’t leave on the best terms) in September — for Reimer’s improved play.
“I think [Reimer’s] comfortable,” Carlyle said recently. “Rick St. Croix has had a measured amount of change with him and that’s not throwing anybody under the bus that was previously here. It’s just a different approach in some things.
“He looks confident. It looks like a lot of pucks are hitting him, because he’s in the right position. We’ve tried to make him a little more aggressive in certain situations. All those things are a culmination of a player coming into camp in the best shape he’s been in and in the right frame of mind.”
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)