Feb 4, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
The player deposed Leafs GM Brian Burke never stopped believing could be a top goalie in the NHL is playing a lot like a top goalie in the NHL.
Reimer, 24, is 3-2-0 with a .922 save percentage and 2.46 GAA. On Saturday, he stopped 33 of 34 Boston shots in a 1-0 loss.
Of note, Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle is quick to credit new goalie coach Rick St. Croix — who replaced Francois Allaire (who didn’t leave on the best terms) in September — for Reimer’s improved play.
“I think [Reimer’s] comfortable,” Carlyle said recently. “Rick St. Croix has had a measured amount of change with him and that’s not throwing anybody under the bus that was previously here. It’s just a different approach in some things.
“He looks confident. It looks like a lot of pucks are hitting him, because he’s in the right position. We’ve tried to make him a little more aggressive in certain situations. All those things are a culmination of a player coming into camp in the best shape he’s been in and in the right frame of mind.”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)