Feb 4, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
If it wasn’t for bad luck, Colorado wouldn’t have any.
That was the story out of Denver on Sunday as Avs head coach Joe Sacco informed reporters that defenseman Ryan Wilson would be out indefinitely with an ankle injury.
Wilson, 26, was hurt during Saturday’s 3-1 win over Edmonton.
An undrafted free agent that’s matured into one of Colorado’s most dependable blueliners, Wilson had played in all eight games for the Avs this year, averaging 19:17 per game while leading all rearguards in points, with three.
The Avalanche have been carrying eight defensemen, however, so they will have bodies available to replace Wilson in the interim.
Mike Chambers of the Denver Post reports it’ll either be second-year pro Tyson Barrie jumping into the lineup, or Shane O’Brien — the veteran defenseman made his season debut on Saturday against the Oilers.
- Report: Islanders, Leafs, Flyers, Wild, Panthers interested in Bernier 20
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 5
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 9
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 30
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 25
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103