Feb 4, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
If it wasn’t for bad luck, Colorado wouldn’t have any.
That was the story out of Denver on Sunday as Avs head coach Joe Sacco informed reporters that defenseman Ryan Wilson would be out indefinitely with an ankle injury.
Wilson, 26, was hurt during Saturday’s 3-1 win over Edmonton.
An undrafted free agent that’s matured into one of Colorado’s most dependable blueliners, Wilson had played in all eight games for the Avs this year, averaging 19:17 per game while leading all rearguards in points, with three.
The Avalanche have been carrying eight defensemen, however, so they will have bodies available to replace Wilson in the interim.
Mike Chambers of the Denver Post reports it’ll either be second-year pro Tyson Barrie jumping into the lineup, or Shane O’Brien — the veteran defenseman made his season debut on Saturday against the Oilers.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 14
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 88
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)