Feb 4, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
If it wasn’t for bad luck, Colorado wouldn’t have any.
That was the story out of Denver on Sunday as Avs head coach Joe Sacco informed reporters that defenseman Ryan Wilson would be out indefinitely with an ankle injury.
Wilson, 26, was hurt during Saturday’s 3-1 win over Edmonton.
An undrafted free agent that’s matured into one of Colorado’s most dependable blueliners, Wilson had played in all eight games for the Avs this year, averaging 19:17 per game while leading all rearguards in points, with three.
The Avalanche have been carrying eight defensemen, however, so they will have bodies available to replace Wilson in the interim.
Mike Chambers of the Denver Post reports it’ll either be second-year pro Tyson Barrie jumping into the lineup, or Shane O’Brien — the veteran defenseman made his season debut on Saturday against the Oilers.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)