Feb 4, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
If it wasn’t for bad luck, Colorado wouldn’t have any.
That was the story out of Denver on Sunday as Avs head coach Joe Sacco informed reporters that defenseman Ryan Wilson would be out indefinitely with an ankle injury.
Wilson, 26, was hurt during Saturday’s 3-1 win over Edmonton.
An undrafted free agent that’s matured into one of Colorado’s most dependable blueliners, Wilson had played in all eight games for the Avs this year, averaging 19:17 per game while leading all rearguards in points, with three.
The Avalanche have been carrying eight defensemen, however, so they will have bodies available to replace Wilson in the interim.
Mike Chambers of the Denver Post reports it’ll either be second-year pro Tyson Barrie jumping into the lineup, or Shane O’Brien — the veteran defenseman made his season debut on Saturday against the Oilers.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 11
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 8
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 33
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 57
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 88
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead