Feb 3, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin hasn’t been his all-world self lately.
Sure, he’s not the only prominent player who is generating less offense than expected. Still, when you’re carrying the highest salary cap hit in the league and once ran away with scoring titles, it’s going to bring more attention.
So, can the 27-year-old star regain his elite form? This video captures how the market is reacting to his struggles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Meanwhile, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury study what’s going wrong and how he can steer things in the right direction.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)