Feb 3, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin hasn’t been his all-world self lately.
Sure, he’s not the only prominent player who is generating less offense than expected. Still, when you’re carrying the highest salary cap hit in the league and once ran away with scoring titles, it’s going to bring more attention.
So, can the 27-year-old star regain his elite form? This video captures how the market is reacting to his struggles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Meanwhile, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury study what’s going wrong and how he can steer things in the right direction.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 27
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)