Feb 3, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin hasn’t been his all-world self lately.
Sure, he’s not the only prominent player who is generating less offense than expected. Still, when you’re carrying the highest salary cap hit in the league and once ran away with scoring titles, it’s going to bring more attention.
So, can the 27-year-old star regain his elite form? This video captures how the market is reacting to his struggles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Meanwhile, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury study what’s going wrong and how he can steer things in the right direction.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)