Feb 3, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin hasn’t been his all-world self lately.
Sure, he’s not the only prominent player who is generating less offense than expected. Still, when you’re carrying the highest salary cap hit in the league and once ran away with scoring titles, it’s going to bring more attention.
So, can the 27-year-old star regain his elite form? This video captures how the market is reacting to his struggles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Meanwhile, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury study what’s going wrong and how he can steer things in the right direction.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 4
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)