Feb 3, 2013, 1:50 AM EDT
It had to end eventually.
The San Jose Sharks had their seven-game winning streak to begin the lockout-shortened regular season snapped in a 2-1 shootout loss to the Nashville Predators.
For the Sharks, it was their third game in a row decided by the breakaway contest. Meanwhile, the Predators have gone to a shootout five times in their first eight games.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50