Feb 3, 2013, 1:50 AM EST
It had to end eventually.
The San Jose Sharks had their seven-game winning streak to begin the lockout-shortened regular season snapped in a 2-1 shootout loss to the Nashville Predators.
For the Sharks, it was their third game in a row decided by the breakaway contest. Meanwhile, the Predators have gone to a shootout five times in their first eight games.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23