Feb 3, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
Before the Capitals take on the Penguins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) Alex Ovechkin met with the media to discuss where the team is at, where he’s at, and having to face off with one of their biggest rivals for the first time.
The Caps captain fessed up that his slow start (two goals and one assist) has him feeling a bit down in the dumps.
“I’m standing here, I have only three points. It kind of embarrasses me, but it is what it is.”
What it is for the Caps is a lousy start to the season. They’re 2-5-1 with just five points in the standings. It’s still early, but if Ovechkin and the Capitals are going to go anywhere this season he’s got to get going.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)