Feb 3, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Before the Capitals take on the Penguins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) Alex Ovechkin met with the media to discuss where the team is at, where he’s at, and having to face off with one of their biggest rivals for the first time.
The Caps captain fessed up that his slow start (two goals and one assist) has him feeling a bit down in the dumps.
“I’m standing here, I have only three points. It kind of embarrasses me, but it is what it is.”
What it is for the Caps is a lousy start to the season. They’re 2-5-1 with just five points in the standings. It’s still early, but if Ovechkin and the Capitals are going to go anywhere this season he’s got to get going.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)