Feb 3, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
Before the Capitals take on the Penguins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) Alex Ovechkin met with the media to discuss where the team is at, where he’s at, and having to face off with one of their biggest rivals for the first time.
The Caps captain fessed up that his slow start (two goals and one assist) has him feeling a bit down in the dumps.
“I’m standing here, I have only three points. It kind of embarrasses me, but it is what it is.”
What it is for the Caps is a lousy start to the season. They’re 2-5-1 with just five points in the standings. It’s still early, but if Ovechkin and the Capitals are going to go anywhere this season he’s got to get going.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)