Feb 3, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Before the Capitals take on the Penguins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) Alex Ovechkin met with the media to discuss where the team is at, where he’s at, and having to face off with one of their biggest rivals for the first time.
The Caps captain fessed up that his slow start (two goals and one assist) has him feeling a bit down in the dumps.
“I’m standing here, I have only three points. It kind of embarrasses me, but it is what it is.”
What it is for the Caps is a lousy start to the season. They’re 2-5-1 with just five points in the standings. It’s still early, but if Ovechkin and the Capitals are going to go anywhere this season he’s got to get going.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9